    When printing word docs to Windows Journal the image shows up about 1/4 the
    size on the Journal page. Just upgraded to Office 2007....could this be the
    problem.

    DrJ, Mar 6, 2007

  2. DrJ

    Chris H Guest

    Are you on Vista or Windows XP SP2 and the Tablet PC Edition 2005? Have you
    checked the properties of your printer for its settings, and are you running
    the latest drivers for the printer from the manufacturer's web site?

    Chris H, Mar 7, 2007

  3. DrJ

    DrJ Guest

    Thanks for responding Chris. Much appreciated. From your response it appears
    that you are not aware of Windows Journal which ids a virtual printer, so
    that I can mark up any document with my tablet pen. All i do is print any
    documant to Windows Journal and then proceed to be able to mark up the
    document with my tablet pen. The "printer" (not realy a printer per se)
    manufacture is MS and I looked around for updates to MS Journal and could not
    find any. It doesn't print it moves the document to MS Journal on my screen
    and it is there that it only shows up as one quarter the regular size with no
    ability to expand it. I am on Windows XP SP2 and I believe I am on Tablet PC
    Edition 2005, (but don't know how to find out for sure). hopefully you have
    some idea of waht I am talking about. Appreciate your help.
    --
    Thanks
    Regards

    DrJ, Mar 7, 2007
  4. DrJ

    Chris H Guest

    I apologize, I missed the key ingredient. LOL! I thought you were talking
    about a printer printer, not the software system. I haven't seen such
    behavior, but you might try a "restore" of the Windows Journal Note Writer
    by taking a look at this Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;824385 Basically,
    what you need to do is open the Command Prompt (not Start/Run, although you
    can access if there by entering "cmd" without the quotes) and then go to the
    C:\Program Files\Windows Journal directory. Once there, you put in
    "journal.exe /repairnotewriter" (without the quotes) and then enter. You'll
    see the full process in the KB article.

    Chris H, Mar 7, 2007