When setting a TV as a Second display device will i get componet as a option to connect the TV by ??

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Kate Jackson, Jun 19, 2005.

  1. Kate Jackson

    Kate Jackson Guest

    When setting a TV as a Second display device will i get componet as a
    connection option ???

    Ive got a Nvidia 6600 GT With a Toshiba Toshiba 86cm 36SW9UA (HD)

    When setting a TV as a Second display device will i get componet as a
    connection option ???

    Just had a look at the
    71.89_ForceWare_Release_70_Graphics_Display_Property_Users_Guide. And
    it seems not to have the option. It has Svideo,Composite or DVI. This
    is weird as my card came with a DIN to Componet connector. Which would
    asume i would use to connect to a TV right ?

    So what would i select DVI or is it just not showing componet for some
    reason ?

    Thanks this has scared me. I can connect via Svideo but NO HD Tv for
    me then. And the TV dont have DVI :(

    What kidn of quality do you get with your TV out connectionand how
    much trouble was it to setup to get a good picture and is HD good on
    yours.

    Thanks all.

    Thanks DAVE.

    Kate Jackson, Jun 19, 2005

  2. Kate Jackson

    Spack Guest

    DVI is the connector on the card larger than the VGA one.

    For component, you may be restricted to drivers supplied by the card
    manufacturer. Try the ones that came with the card first, if they have the
    component option and the nVidia generic drivers don't then you know you're
    going to have to stick to drivers from the card manufacturer.

    Dan

    Spack, Jun 20, 2005