When will the Radeon 9900 come out?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Kentucky77, Jan 6, 2004.

  1. Kentucky77

    Kentucky77 Guest

    Kentucky77, Jan 6, 2004

  2. Kentucky77

    Kevin Miller Guest

    Probably six months before the Radeon Superextramarvelousneatokeeno
    BAZILLION comes out...:)

    Kevin Miller

    "The avalanche has already started;
    it is too late for the pebbles to vote."

    Kevin Miller, Jan 6, 2004

  3. Kentucky77

    Bill Guest

    That soon huh ?

    Bill, Jan 6, 2004
  4. Kentucky77

    John Guest

    "Kentucky77" <We Are Borg> wrote in message

    ATI's next chip, R420, will likely be released by April 2004. It is
    said to be twice as a fast as a 9800 Pro. No doubt it will also be
    super-expensive. This also means we should see falling prices on 9800
    Pros, which might be the best option for buying a new card right now
    at an affordable price.

    John, Jan 6, 2004
  5. Kentucky77

    Kevin Miller Guest

    Call me an optimist.

    Kevin Miller, Jan 7, 2004
  6. Kentucky77

    NightSky 421 Guest

    I doubt the AGP version of the R420 coming in the spring will be twice as
    fast as the 9800 Pro, but the PCI Express version in the fall of 2004 should
    be! No doubt by then, ATI will also have done some performance tweaking of
    the R420 as well, much like the incremental improvement between the 9800 Pro
    and XT.

    NightSky 421, Jan 7, 2004
  7. Kentucky77

    J.Clarke Guest

    Unlikely that PCI Express is going to make a difference this year--right
    now there aren't any CPUs out there that can fill an AGP 8X pipe--the
    AGP bus is not the bottleneck.

    J.Clarke, Jan 7, 2004
  8. Kentucky77

    Tim Miser Guest

    There are a few constants in the computer world and one of them is bus speed
    increases have always been over-hyped!

    Tim Miser, Jan 9, 2004