Where are the Address Book and iCal database files?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by AES, May 19, 2011.

  1. AES

    AES Guest

    Primary query in this post is: Where are the files that contain the
    _data_ that is maintained and accessed by Address Book and iCal, and
    what are their names?

    Reason for asking: I have a MacBook Pro (my primary "desktop" computer
    and primary repository of all my data and files) and a MacBook Air (used
    for occasional excursions/roaming/occasional extended trips). Both are
    on same LAN, and there are no iOS devices anywhere in my life.

    So, from time to time, just before departing on one of these excursions,
    I'd like to _manually_ (i.e., on my initiative) update (aka "sync") my
    Address Book data files (addresses and notes), and my iCal calendar data
    files, and a few other data files or folders that I know how to handle,
    from the Pro to the Air (the Pro then sitting unused until I return),
    and from the Air back to the Pro after I return.

    For various good and sufficient reasons, I don't want to do this through
    MobileMe or any kind of cloud connection (though I have access to these
    all of these) or on any pre-scheduled basis. I would like to do it with
    some kind of automated, few-click method, maybe using ChronoSync or
    Automator. And hopefully I could move files from their home position on
    one machine directly to their home position on the other in one step --
    no multi-stage transit through shared Public files on the two machines.

    Any advice on ways to do this appreciated -- but mainly, where do
    Address Book and iCal store their data?

    AES, May 19, 2011

  2. AES

    Suze Guest

    See this page,Google is a wonderful search engine.
    https://discussions.apple.com/message/10871870?messageID=10871870

    Suze, May 19, 2011

  3. AES

    Alan Browne Guest