    tried right clicking on the website's player thinking I might get a "save
    as" window. Help!....please :)
    Monica

    Monica, Dec 6, 2005

  2. Monica

    Jay B Guest

    if you right click the link for the song, you should get a "save as" option.
    if not...
    the temp files for firefox are under
    documents and settings\username\local settings\...
    documents and settings\username\applicaiton data\mozilla\...
    check in there...
    you may need to show hidden/systemfiles.

    Jay B, Dec 6, 2005

  3. Monica

    Monica Guest

    Hummm, not there :( And I tried the right clicking on the song link. Oh
    and show hidden files were already unhidden.
    Monica

    Monica, Dec 6, 2005
  4. Monica

    Jay B Guest

    my firefox cache files are stored in firefox at this directory
    "C:\Documents and Settings\Jay\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\2agcwpf0.default\Cache"
    the profile name will be different for you so check them all.

    perhaps you also have offline files turned on, and it could be saving
    those as well, that would be saved under system32 i believe.

    Jay B, Dec 6, 2005
  5. Monica

    Monica Guest

    Well I guess it's just not on here afterall. I finally navigated thru all
    the folders but nothing was there that indicated a music file or any file
    that I could actually open.
    Thanks for your help tho :)
    Monica

    Monica, Dec 6, 2005
  6. Monica

    smh Guest

    Firefox cache files, unlike Navigator's, are either scrambled,
    compressed or both. There might be something like Firefox Cache Viewer,
    though. Do a Google search? If you do find one, could you post the
    link?

    smh, Dec 6, 2005
  7. Certain formats (like Real) only leave a stub on the computer and stream
    the media, so you may not find it. In Windows XP, Mozilla Firefox's
    cahce is (by default) in C:\Documents & Settings\$USERNAME\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[8_random_chacters].default\Cache, chances
    are if it's anywhere, it'd be there. For the Mozilla Suite (now known
    as SeaMonkey), change /Firefox/ to /default/ and exclude the .default
    from the following sub-directory (but it will start with random characters).

    There's methods of capturing a stream if that's the case. Certain
    formats can be copy directly via software, and at worst case you can use
    a program like AudioJacker or TotalRecorder which record anything that
    passes through your sound card (downside is this occurs in real time).

    Nicholas Andrade, Dec 6, 2005
  8. Monica

    Monica Guest

    Thanks guys. I'll see what I can do and report back :)
    Monica

    Monica, Dec 6, 2005
  9. Monica

    Monica Guest

    OK guys, I've looked and looked for these programs. Lots of hits on google
    but none lead to where I can download either one of them. Even went to the
    "darkside" of the Internet and couldn't locate it there either. Anyone have
    a working link to either program?
    Thanks

    Monica, Dec 6, 2005
  10. Monica

    alien Guest

    I use this one for recording. If you get the LAME MP3 Encoder plug-in, you
    can save your recorded audio as mp3 files.
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

    alien

    alien, Dec 6, 2005
  11. I think it will be in your Cache folder, but with a jumbled name & no
    ..wav tail.

    Sparky Spartacus, Dec 7, 2005
  12. Monica

    Monica Guest

    And this program and plugin will record a song on the Internet that plays
    but doesn't give me any way to save it?

    Monica, Dec 7, 2005
  13. Monica

    Monica Guest

    I did it!! Thank you all so much especially *alien* :eek: Downloaded Audacity
    and the LAME.dll and thought "what the heck am I'm going to do with this?"
    <lol> It was pretty straight forward. Recorded my song with "What U Hear"
    then with the help of the LAME.dll converted it to a mp3 :) Thanks again!
    Monica

    Monica, Dec 7, 2005
  14. I'm glad you got Audacity to work; it's a great project and I'm
    definitely looking forward to version 1.3 (I run that version in Linux
    and its a great step up). Anyways, I'm not sure why you had so much
    trouble finding TotalRecorder; I admit it its been about 4 years since I
    last used it (had a class freshmen year of college that required you to
    use LiquidAudio to listen to it, but LiquidAudio had some limits like
    you had to stream it, etc.), but anyway...I just googled TotalRecorder
    and click I'm Feeling Lucky. This takes me to
    http://www.highcriteria.com/ and the link (top center on the page) is to
    a download page for TotalRecorder.

    Nicholas Andrade, Dec 10, 2005