  1. Lixon

    Lixon Guest

    I am looking for brand new 6800 for less than $250

    Lixon, Aug 23, 2005

  2. Lixon

    J. Clarke Guest

    Did you try froogle?

    J. Clarke, Aug 23, 2005

  3. Lixon

    er_c Guest

    pricewatch.com

    er_c, Aug 23, 2005
  4. Lixon

    Phil Weldon Guest

    'Lixon' wrote:
    | I am looking for brand new 6800 for less than $250
    _____

    First, WHICH 6800? Plain, GT, or Ultra? The price can range from under
    $200 US for a 128 Mbyte 6800 plain to over $400 US for a 6800 GT. Extras
    functions, quieter and/or better cooling, and included software also affect
    price.

    Next, find the website of a reputable vendor, and choose a card.
    Then check pricewatch.com for lower prices for THE SAME card. Be careful of
    'nearly the same.'
    Then decide what premium for reputation and service you are willing to pay.
    Then wait a week, the prices will be lower B^)

    Phil Weldon

    Phil Weldon, Aug 23, 2005
  5. Lixon

    deimos Guest

    This is a long one, so you might have to stitch it back together:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Manufactory=&Property
    CodeValue=679%3A9573&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&Proper
    tyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeV
    alue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&
    PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&descrip
    tion=&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=&SubCategory=48&Submit=Property

    ^^^ Good Lord!!! That's the longest URL I've ever had to paste. :)
    Anyhow, several vanilla 6800's for well under 250.00 USD.

    deimos, Aug 24, 2005
  6. Lixon

    Don Sly Guest

    What does one look for in a quieter cooling model?

    Don Sly, Aug 25, 2005
  7. Lixon

    Phil Weldon Guest

    'Don Sl' wrote:
    | What does one look for in a quieter cooling model?
    _____

    Less noise?
    Larger, slower fan?
    Larger heatsink with more fins?
    Water cooling that allows a larger slower fan on the radiator than the fan
    that could fit in the space available directly on the card?
    Sleeve bearing fan rather than ball bearing fan?

    Review of video cards are a good source of information.

    Phil Weldon

    Phil Weldon, Aug 26, 2005