    The soundmax website wants money for the software. Does the mobo not come
    with this software for manipulating my onboard audio? I see something on the
    cd called c-media, but that looks like drivers too.

    Toxic Boy, Dec 22, 2005

  2. Toxic Boy

    NG User Guest

    NG User, Dec 22, 2005

  3. Toxic Boy

    Toxic Boy Guest

    Yes thanks. But I have the drivers. I am wanting the software that allows me
    to have an equalizer and change the other sound settings as far as effects
    go.

    Toxic Boy, Dec 22, 2005
  4. Toxic Boy

    grumpy Guest

    Asus website has what you need free of charge.

    grumpy, Dec 22, 2005
  5. Toxic Boy

    Toxic Boy Guest

    Yes, but nothing in the mobo section says anything about software. It all
    says drivers. I do see one audio card driver that is 19mb in size, so I hope
    that will be the software. The most recent driver is only 3mb, which is what
    I have installed. I guess I will go backwards and try this 19mb one and see
    if that has the software in it.

    Toxic Boy, Dec 22, 2005
  6. Toxic Boy

    grumpy Guest

    Yes, the 19 meg one will contain the software.

    grumpy, Dec 22, 2005
  7. Toxic Boy

    Toxic Boy Guest

    Yep, the 19mb sound driver on the Asus site was the one that had the
    software. Got it working now, and then I installed the new driver that was
    3.5mb and the most recent.

    Toxic Boy, Dec 22, 2005