    I've searched extensively throughout the MSI and nVidia websites but to
    no avail.

    Thanks.

    Adnan, Mar 19, 2006

  2. Adnan

    dino Guest

    it is part of the motherboard BIOS...so unless a BIOS update exists...you
    are out of luck.

    dino, Mar 19, 2006

  3. Adnan

    Adnan Guest

    D'oh. The nvidia controller clearly does not like my 300Gb Maxtor SATA2
    drive, I was hoping a firmware update would resolve the issue.

    Looks like I'll have to purchase a PCI SATA controller card.

    Thanks anyway.

    Adnan, Mar 19, 2006
  4. Adnan

    dino Guest

    check Maxtors website..there maybe something there that can help,plug your
    drive number in and see if they have an resolutions in the knowledge base

    dino, Mar 19, 2006
  5. Adnan

    Mortimer Guest

    Yes, do check out Maxtor's site. There was another user on the abit
    group who has similar problems. Apparently there is compatability issue
    between some Maxtor SATA2 drives and the nForce4 chipset.

    http://tinyurl.com/ox66k

    Mort

    Mortimer, Mar 20, 2006
  6. Adnan

    dino Guest

    what OS are U running..Xp SP1 or Sp2?

    dino, Mar 20, 2006
  7. Adnan

    Adnan Guest

    XP SP2.

    My OS is on an ATA HD, I was trying to install the SATA drive as
    additional drive for storage. The drive initialises and partitions, but
    won't format.

    I've also tried enabling raid and installing with just the SATA drive
    in the array.

    The event log is full of: The driver detected a controller error on
    \Device\Harddisk1\D.

    I have the latest BIOS and software drivers, so I figured updating the
    controller firmware may help. The drive passes all diagnostic tests
    that I've run.

    Adnan, Mar 20, 2006
  8. Adnan

    dino Guest

    then I would contact Maxtor or search knowledge base..see what they have to
    say.

    dino, Mar 21, 2006