    Juan I. Cahis
    Santiago de Chile (South America)
    Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!

    Juan I. Cahis, May 31, 2004

  2. Juan I. Cahis

    Dave Guest

    Juan, you don't need the xp CD; it's on the recovery disk. Insert one of the
    disks (CD1) and restart the computer; it will boot from it, then give you
    options.

    You need to ***READ**** the manuals, it tells you this in them; acers come
    with a lot of very good manuals and info!

    Dave, Jun 8, 2004

  3. Juan I. Cahis

    wilburt Guest

    Sorry to say Dave, but I think you are wrong. Not think! I know!
    You boot from the Acer recovery disk and the only option you then have
    is reformatting your HD (that is, loosing all information) and
    followed by a complete reinstallation of the XP (HE or Pro). If you,
    however, are the happy owner of an original XP disk you have the
    'repair' option. That's quite a difference, I assure your!

    wilburt

    wilburt, Jun 9, 2004
  4. Sorry, Dave, but *you* should read the manuals!!!

    The included recovery disks from ACER only allow you to restore your
    PC to the original state, as it was sold by ACER. You loose all the
    data and applications that you loaded or installed after you bought
    the PC.

    You cannot repair your Windows installation with the ACER supplied
    CDs.

    Thanks

    Juan I. Cahis, Jun 9, 2004