    effect on the overall voltage? (voltage diff is increasing but max +5V
    remains same)
    bye

    Aamir, Jan 4, 2005

  2. Aamir

    SteveK Guest

    there is a hardware monitor chip on the mobo type ITE8705/12F etc.
    it reports temperatures and fan rpms
    forget the negative voltage values - it's mostly incorrect metered
    only the positive voltage values are correctly metered

    SteveK, Jan 5, 2005

  3. Aamir

    Steve Sweet Guest

    Hi "Aamir"

    Fans with 3 wires have what is called a Tachogenerator on them, chips on the
    motherboard use this signal to report RPM from the motor.
    Any unwelcome voltage change spells trouble.

    --

    Steve Sweet, Jan 5, 2005