    I must leave the cmos battery for clear cmos!
    Where is it?
    HELP ME!

    [email protected], May 16, 2004

  2. Vegeta@News

    Pen Guest

    Pen, May 19, 2004

  3. I have tha manual!
    But there isn't the cmos battery!
    How i can reset the cmos?
    Is there a jumpers?
    Because i lost the system password!
    Help me!

    [email protected], May 20, 2004
  4. Vegeta@News

    Jesus Guest

    I don't believe these Acer laptops have CMOS batteries as we know
    them. They are simply a capacitor on its own board attached to the
    motherboard.

    To really clear the CMOS you need to remove the capacitor and
    re-solder... very drastic, which is why Acer say that simply going
    into the BIOS and loading optimal defaults clears the CMOS for you.

    Normally to the left of the processor if you're looking down at it.

    Hope this helps.

    :wink:

    ==============

    Jesus, Jun 26, 2004
  5. Vegeta@News

    HUYNH_D8

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    actually it does and i can almost guarantee that if you rip off the wrapping it will be a CR2032. every Acer i've ever serviced has a small green blister pack which wraps around a CR2032 and is then plugged into the mainboard :) but hey there's always a first. Vegeta are you absoultely sure there are no battery blisters plugged into the mainboard. don't worry too much about following the manual just make sure you remember where all the screws go. Acers are favoured by all techs cause they are such a nice machine to service logically arranged and no difficult/unecessary fiddly bits that you'd normally find on an HP

    HUYNH_D8, Oct 5, 2009