    Soundblaster card (with joystick socket) but would rather go the
    cheaper route.

    Many thanks......

    Madison Lapierre, Apr 19, 2004

  2. Madison Lapierre

    NT Canuck Guest

    just next to the mainboard green LED is a "game1" pinout,
    any olde pc backplate that had midi/joystick cable to board
    should work fine onit...that's what I am using on basic and
    deluxe models of p4p800. the tech shop said they had no
    game adaptors for asus p4p800 boards and that asus had
    none in stock for Canada...but when I went ahead and
    hooked it up...voila! needs standard (generic) connector.

    you can pull one off a 486/pentium laying around that
    had onboard sound/midi. just check pinouts on cable

    NT Canuck, Apr 19, 2004