    I noticed on windows startup in the nVidia display page, that my bus
    speed says PCI Express x8, how can i change this to PCI Express x16?

    Thank you!

    tecknotot, Dec 29, 2004

  2. tecknotot

    Ron Joiner Guest

    I have an A8N-SLI myself and thought that the default setting was x16.
    Do you think your vid card would run faster? Just curious. Could you
    report your findings back to this NG?

    I would assume that it is a BIOS setting.

    Ron

    Ron Joiner, Dec 29, 2004

  3. Is your selector card set to SLI mode? If so then each PCI Express x16
    slot only gets x8 bus width. In non-SLI mode the first slot should get
    x16 and the other gets x1.

    Robert Hancock, Dec 29, 2004
  4. tecknotot

    tecknotot Guest

    No, I set my BIOS to NON-SLI Mode and the bus still reports x8 PCI
    Express NOT x16 which i thought it should. This was with Bios BETA
    1003-002 and 004 just came out so im going to play with that.

    tecknotot, Dec 29, 2004