Where to download 7n400 Pro2 latest BIOS?

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Dan, Aug 11, 2004.

  1. Dan

    Dan Guest

    As header, the Gigabyte website seems to be worse than useless with
    lots of broken links and 404 errors. I can't find a site that hosts
    the files themselves, they usually link to the (non-existant) Gigabyte
    site.

    I built my system yesterday using this motherboard. Solved the usual
    problems (thanks to this NG); CLK_SW set to AUTO (this is supposed to
    be the default, how come everyone's boards are set to 100MHz?) & FSB
    set to 166MHz in the BIOS to identify my XP2800+ (Barton) correctly.

    Also had a problem getting the system to boot with two HDD's on IDE3,
    but it was because I assumed setting the GIGARaid controller to
    function as ATA would be the way forward, rather than setting it to
    function as RAID then setting RAID configuration to 'Normal' which
    fixed it.

    I'm running a Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro graphics card and 1GB of
    Kingston Memory (2 x matched 512MB modules running in Dual Channel
    mode) along with a Pioneer DVD-107 on IDE2 and two more HDD's on IDE1.

    I've just installed Windows2000 professional since things started
    working properly. Would those in the know suggest updating the BIOS?
    Not sure what version it is running, but it was fresh out of the box
    yesterday so I guess whatever version the board ships with. I'm
    usually of the opinion, if it ain't broke don't fix it but I haven't
    really started pushing the system yet to see if it is 'broke'.

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Dan

    Dan, Aug 11, 2004

  2. Dan

    Mal Guest

    support page for 7n400 pro2 (rev.1) is here

    http://uk.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-7N400 Pro2.htm

    latest bios is on there F11 dated 2nd August 2004

    HTH

    Mal

    Mal, Aug 11, 2004

  3. Dan

    henny Guest

    http://tw.giga-byte.com/ is a very well done site. It is fast and easly
    navigated and well up-dated.

    If there is a problem, it is yours.
    HG

    henny, Aug 11, 2004
  4. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Thanks Mal. I'd been connecting to the Taiwan site which is awful,
    thankfully the UK site is much nicer.

    A couple of things :

    Is it worth updating the BIOS?
    Is there a surefire way to tell if the board is Rev1 or Rev2?

    Thanks again,

    Dan

    Dan, Aug 11, 2004
  5. Dan

    Bill-kb3gun Guest

    Hello Dan,
    The revision is printed on the board near one of the corners. I can't
    remember which one at the moment. I got my board a month ago, Pro2 rev.2. I
    flashed the bios at that time just to head off any problems. The bios
    software on the Gigabyte disc worked great. I think it's called @bios.

    Have fun. It's a great board.
    -Bill

    Bill-kb3gun, Aug 11, 2004
  6. On start up of your computer it will either show you F and a letter for the
    bios version for Rev. 2
    or F and a Number for the Rev. 1.
    My Rev.2 board currently got the FF bios version.
    The latest Bios for a Rev.1 is F10
    Hope this helpes

    Achim Weissegger, Aug 11, 2004
  7. Dan

    Dan Guest

    You're right, it was my firewall that was blocking the site for some
    reason.

    Thanks to everyone for the help!

    @Bill - I used the @BIOS software to flash to the latest level (FH)
    and it worked a treat. The board was shipped with FB level bios
    (initial release) so I think it was definitely worth the upgrade.

    @Achim - Double letter shown at startup so I've got a Rev 2 board. The
    latest level BIOS at the Gigabyte site is FH if you want another
    upgrade!

    I tried out 3DMark 2003 on the system last night and got a score of
    5567 (not overclocked at all) so now I need to find out if that's a
    decent score or not!

    Thanks again everyone, this NG is a great resource for help on this
    motherboard.

    Dan

    Dan, Aug 12, 2004