    Secondary Slave?

    Any recommendations,please.

    Orhan

    Orhan, Jun 30, 2004

  2. Orhan

    Jim Kent Guest

    I have four disk drives, one CD writer, one DVD ROM, and a DVD writer.
    The disks are all on the ITE chip at UDMA-5 and the optical drives are
    on the native IDE channels. The DVD writer is 0:0, DVD ROM 0:1 and CD
    writer at 1:0 All run in UDMA-2. It all works correctly.

    ___

    Buck Fush

    Jim Kent, Jun 30, 2004

  3. Orhan

    McGrandpa Guest

    That could work, using only the onboard IDE ports. Or, as Jim Kent
    suggests, put your HD on the ITE port and use the regular IDE ports just
    for the optical drives. I did the same on my GA8iHXP with Promise chip.
    My hd's went on the Promise as UATA and all the optical drives on the
    IDE ports.
    McG.

    McGrandpa, Jul 1, 2004
  4. Orhan

    Orhan Guest

    I forgot to write that my Maxtor HDD is SATA and remapped to Pri.
    Master, because I'm running a Dual-Boot system and also using 98SE (No
    SATA drivers from Intel for 98SE and I don't want to use Silicon SATA
    ports which have necessary drivers!).

    In this situation I couldn't use ITE ports for my HDD.

    Thanks.

    Orhan

    Orhan, Jul 1, 2004
  5. Orhan

    Tim Guest

    Hi,
    I belive there are drivers on the ITE web site that will support optical
    drives.
    So, you could plug it in as master on either of these channels.
    - Tim

    Tim, Jul 2, 2004