    I'm also assuming that each slot has a 256MB SoDimm in it or will the other
    one be empty?

    Thanks a lot

    Darren, Aug 31, 2004

  2. Hello,

    at least the 660s have two small SoDimms by default (cheaper) and the
    case is identical to the 800, but I have no clue where it is ...

    Matthias Eisner, Sep 1, 2004

  3. Darren

    Darren Guest

    A lot of the new ones have the same case the 8000 and the 60000 aswell.

    Hmmm, makes upgrading to 1GB more expensive, does anyone know how to get to
    the other slot?

    I've tried removing a few screws with K next to them but the keyboard
    doesn't move.

    Thanks a lot

    Darren, Sep 2, 2004
  4. Have you tried to call the hotline, if you get the right person you
    might get a good tip, was once the case for me with the swiss service,
    but is kind of luck i think.

    Matthias Eisner, Sep 2, 2004
  5. Darren

    sr Guest

    It's on the support website and is much the same for lots of models.
    http://support.acerpanam.com/synapse/forms/portal.cfm?recordid=435
    &formid=3390&website=AcerPanAm.com&originwebsite=AcerPanAm.com&central=1
    &pupv=pu

    Is the address but it's under support solutions on the acer us support
    site if you want to look by hand or the link doesn't work because you
    haven't copied and pasted it properly.

    sr, Sep 3, 2004
  6. Darren

    Darren Guest

    Thanks a lot Matthias

    Darren, Sep 5, 2004
  7. Darren

    DJW Guest

    Cheerz this has answered a problem that I had since day 1 I got my new
    laptop....tried Acer support but no answer in 10days, so googled, No
    answer....So I look here & you have the answer(!)

    Cheerz

    DJW, Jan 15, 2005
  8. Darren

    Spike Guest

    If you need the physical location as I did,
    then removing the keyboard will enable one
    to see it..Luck

    Spike, Jan 19, 2005