    Which bios chip is used in a p4dl6 mb?
    Which bios chip is used in a p4dp6 mb?
    Thanks in advance.

    Nicolas Noiseux, May 17, 2007

  2. Nicolas Noiseux

    INTY Guest

    Yes, a motherboard would'nt even POST or recognise her CPU without the Bios.
    If it's a square and brown\black socket it's a PLCC-package Flash EEPROM
    (capacity from 2 to 4 Mbites)
    or if it's a rectangular and black socket it's a DIL package Flash EEPROM
    (Capacity up to 2Mbites, usually a 29F1001)

    Ask more if you want!

    Inty

    INTY, May 30, 2007

  3. According to the motherboard manuals they are 4 mbit devices.
    They are plcc32 devices. I will measure the supply voltage.

    Is it true that supermicro flash programming software will support
    multiple types of devices? If so I will try a 29f040.
    If not, I will need to know which device for each board.
    A remaining device question - what speed 29f040 to use?

    Does anybody know a flash programming service near boston ma?

    Thanks

    Nicolas Noiseux, Jun 7, 2007