  1. dick

    dick Guest

    ..

    dick, Dec 28, 2008

  2. Please always include your question in the body of the message on
    Usenet.

    If the PC's BIOS supports it (and I assume we're talking about a
    traditional PC, and a traditional - aka non-EFI - BIOS here), then the
    USB disk (which might, after all be a real rotating disk too) will be
    accessible through the usual Int 13h functions. And it boots the same
    way.

    robertwessel2, Dec 29, 2008

  3. dick

    Guest Guest

    That's about the same answer I gave to this question, in another
    group.

    Guest, Dec 30, 2008
  4. dick

    dick Guest

    How can I know its disk number, which will be passed to BIOS in DL
    when an int 13h function is called ?

    dick, Dec 30, 2008

  5. It's not very consistent, unfortunately, but if you have the emulation
    turned on in your BIOS, it's most commonly a hard disk. In some
    BIOS's it's configurable - you can set the BIOS to emulate either a
    floppy or HDD. If it's the boot device, it'll be 0x00 or 0x80. And
    remember there can be more than one.

    robertwessel2, Dec 30, 2008