    Both of these card cost about $180, FX 5900XT has a faster memory than
    6600GT, but what about overall performance in games. My system Athlon 2800
    333FSB and Dual DDR 1GB 333MHz CL2.5. Thanks for any suggestions.

    Mr. Smith, Nov 26, 2004

  2. 6600 GT is faster.

    Sharanga Dayananda, Nov 26, 2004

  3. Mr. Smith

    Nicolai Guest

    6600 GT is faster.

    About 100%

    Nicolai, Nov 26, 2004
  4. Mr. Smith

    Anthony Guest

    omg i dont beleive somenoe asked this question....

    Anthony, Nov 26, 2004
  5. Believe it. It happened. Of course, with all the "confusion" going on in
    midrange Video-Land these days, not everyone can stay so well-informed, and
    sometimes people need to ask...

    The answer is pretty obvious: the FX series just don't do DX9 all that well,
    comparatively...

    Nerdillius Maximus, Nov 26, 2004
  6. Mr. Smith

    Anthony Guest

    Very true now only if the cost if the 6600 agp will drop soon 245 at newegg
    feels like a rip off....

    Anthony

    Anthony, Nov 26, 2004
  7. Mr. Smith

    Lachoneus Guest

    Both of these card cost about $180, FX 5900XT has a faster memory than
    A 6600GT at $180 is probably a PCI-Express part... an AGP version will
    run you $50 more but will be a lot faster than the 5900XT on newer titles.

    Lachoneus, Nov 26, 2004
  8. It will soon enough I expect. I agree, that price sucks bricks thru a straw.
    Just give it until the X-mas season. I guess they're charging for the bridge
    chip...bleh. I predict it'll fall below the $200 mark soon enough, then I'll
    get one too for the Lesser God Box...

    This is pretty much axiomatic in the computer world (and just about
    everywhere else...): if you don't like the price, just wait a little while.
    People not only pay too much for new hardware, but they get used as
    beta-testers in the process. Microsoft is the biggest bad example, though
    their hardware works pretty well for the overpriced kit it is...

    snippo marx strikes again...

    Nerdillius Maximus, Nov 26, 2004