    monitor? If not what monitor would you recommend? I'm planning on a
    dual LCD monitor setup with the Matrox P750.

    TIA

    Norman Woo, Feb 3, 2004

  2. Norman Woo

    Paul Duffy Guest

    Norman

    I'd suggest looking at the Dell 2000FP (which is a 20").

    It supports 1600x1200 as against the Viewsonics 1280x1024 and has DVI,
    Analog and S-Video inputs.

    I've had four of them for nearly two years now which I've used with
    Parhelia setups. As they've been replaced by the 2001FP by Dell you can
    pick them up relatively cheap on E-Bay.

    Regards

    Paul Duffy, Feb 3, 2004

  3. Norman Woo

    Larc Guest

    | Hi folks
    |
    | I'm using my system mainly for editing using the Matrox P750 card,
    | Matrox RT.X100 Extreme capture, Adobe Premiere Pro on a P4 system.
    |
    | I'm looking at the Viewsonic VG810s LCD monitor. Is this a good
    | monitor? If not what monitor would you recommend? I'm planning on a
    | dual LCD monitor setup with the Matrox P750.

    If you'll be doing something very demanding graphically, suggest you stick with
    a good CRT. The Viewsonic P225F is a very good one, but has a 20" viewing area
    rather than 19".

    Larc

    §§§ - Please change planet to earth to reply by e-mail - §§§

    Larc, Feb 3, 2004
  4. Norman Woo

    Arthur Hagen Guest

    *No* LCD screen is good for video editing or any other kind of graphics work
    where colour correctness or WYSIWYG is a must. The LCDs don't have the
    colour spectrum of a CRT, nor the analog softness necessary. Especially the
    red hues suffer badly, and are displayed far from correct. What looks like
    black on a LCD screen can also often look like dark green or red on a TV.
    You don't want that to happen.

    For video editing, get at least one good CRT monitor, plus a TV.

    I'm sure that LCDs and plasma screens are going to catch up in quality in
    the future, but for now, they're really for people who need sharp contrast
    more than anything else, or have more money than desk space.

    Regards,

    Arthur Hagen, Feb 3, 2004