    I've heard it's a OEM Liteon, but isn't that both + as -??

    Thanks,

    Allegro.

    Allegro, Feb 11, 2004

  2. Allegro

    Tom Scales Guest

    Likely an NEC, but no real way to be sure. It will be the brand that is in
    the basket when the assembler puts it together. Dell assembles based on many
    contracts.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Feb 11, 2004

  3. Allegro

    Dave Guest

    Received a 2400 last week, had a Teac 8x in it.

    Dave, Feb 11, 2004
  4. Allegro

    Allegro Guest

    Hi,

    If it's a NEC ND-2100A or a TEAC drive, are there patched firmwares
    available? I just ofter ordering its only labeled as + media capable, while
    i was used to a dual format Sony before..
    Is there a firmware patch available? (NEC ND-2100A to 2500A) or OEM Teac to
    Liteon 811S??
    (So i can use both media??)
    Otherwise i'm afraid i have to throw it in the garbage sooner than i
    thought..
    Thanks,

    Allegro.

    Allegro, Feb 12, 2004