    Soupladel Guest

    Gigabyte P35-DS3 or the Austek P5N32-E-SLI?

    Soupladel

    Soupladel, Jan 17, 2008

  2. Hate to say it, but better for what? Without looking up their features,
    I assume they are similar or you wouldn't ask, and the number of people
    who have compares them is probably small, so the best you are likely to
    get is some feedback from people who have had good (or bad) experiences
    with one board, or supplier.

    I suggest you go to newegg.com, find the boards you want, and read the
    user comments and sort them for best to worst, then look at the bad
    ones. If the people with bad experience sound like jerks, you can ignore
    them.

    I also suggest looking at ASUS boards, just because I have used about 20
    in the last four year and still like them. That doesn't make them
    "best," but they are "satisfactory." And you can tune the memory speed
    separately from the CPU, a bonus if you buy fast memory and don't o/c
    the CPU (I used some PC2-5400 instead of 5300 and cranked it up).

    Bill Davidsen, Jan 18, 2008

  3. Soupladel

    Soupladel Guest

    Well I was looking from general performance. I know the asus board does the
    whole sli thing but i am not really interested in that atm as i cannot
    afford another 8800 gts gfx card.

    I have heard from some people that nvidia chipset boards suck, but that was
    coming from people that are clearly a little biased into the ATI camp.

    Soupladel

    Soupladel, Jan 20, 2008