    RAID work on SATA RAID, and, since I have been out of this group for so
    long, can anyone suggest a good ABIT board that I can buy that will work?
    Thank you.

    John, Jan 17, 2005

  2. "John" wrote

    Hi,

    sounds like you are after an ABIT NF7-S or an ABIT AN7, although to get the
    best out of these boards you would be better off with some PC3200 (DDR400).

    May be time to eBay off some of your stuff and step up!

    Wayne ][

    Wayne Youngman, Jan 18, 2005

  3. John

    John Guest

    Thanks Wayne, how about the other question. Are boards specifically built
    for SATA or can you use ATA on a SATA in a RAID array?

    John, Jan 18, 2005
  4. John

    shawad Guest

    Why not just plug the 1900+ into the KT7A-Raid?

    shawad, Jan 19, 2005
  5. John

    John Guest

    It is one of the first KT7A made and if I remember right it won't work,
    plus, I am keeping the KT7A up and running too.

    John, Jan 20, 2005
  6. John

    marko Guest

    No, ATA Raid (like HPT-37x series controllers) will not accomodate SATA
    RAID. The motherboard model must specifically state that it has SATA
    controller on it. Most SATA controllers will also do RAID.

    marko, Jan 21, 2005