    Which one is "better" (has more and future oriented features)?

    Or - on the contrary - does one of the two have some important disadvantages ?

    Goran

    Goran Ivanic, Dec 25, 2006

  2. Goran Ivanic

    Venom Guest

    Why do you want to mess around with old outdated stuff?

    Venom, Dec 25, 2006

  3. Goran Ivanic

    Q Guest

    IlMon, 25 Dec 2006 19:17:28 +0000, Goran Ivanic ha scritto:
    A "new computer system" clashes with your obsolete choice of 2 generations
    ago.
    Pick a core 2 duo.

    Q, Dec 25, 2006
  4. Goran Ivanic

    Natéag Guest

    As far as I know, asrock is made by Asus and is an inferior product.
    The CHIPSET/BIOS is very limited.

    Natéag, Dec 26, 2006
  5. Goran Ivanic

    Paul Guest

    Socket 462 (otherwise known as Socket A) processors are no longer
    being made. Purchasing one of those boards would not have much
    "future orientation".

    I have a A7N8X-E and it works fine. Use a good quality RAM with it,
    as the Nforce2 chipset is picky about RAM (I use CAS2 RAM in mine).

    The K7VT4A uses a VIA KT400A chipset. Notice in the product
    description, that max FSB is FSB333. The fastest S462 processors
    are FSB400.

    http://www.asrock.com/product/K7VT4A PRO.htm

    The Asrock manual also mentions, that to run the RAM at
    DDR400, you can only use one stick of RAM.
    (See PDF page 5.)

    http://www.asrock.com/manual/K7VT4A PRO.pdf

    The A7N8X-E does not have those restrictions, and has room for
    three sticks of RAM.

    But I would be shopping for a more modern motherboard and
    processor. With the current price war between Intel and AMD,
    you can find a better combination of processor purchase and
    motherboard, than something like S462. Have a look around.

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 26, 2006
  6. Goran Ivanic

    sdlomi2 Guest

    How much more does the A7N8X-DELUXE cost? It's known to deliver some
    hi-performance output, accept a wide array of cpu's, and has made
    outstanding, overclocked systems for several clients (and for me) for
    several years. Not ONE complaint from, maybe 7, systems. Mine has been
    o'clocked to 2.41 ghz since day 3 or 4. Sorry I cannot answer your initial
    question; however, my lean has been toward the best of that family--IMO.
    Often it costs just a bit to go 1st class--not the total cost of a known
    mobo, but the mere increase from "E" to "Deluxe". Luck in your decision, s

    sdlomi2, Dec 27, 2006