    first.(new 333Mhz processor - 6 months)
    Considering Nforce 2 or KT600 chipset.
    Regards Dave

    David Waters, Feb 5, 2004

  2. David Waters

    Nystagmus Guest

    I am using the AK79G Max with the following
    XP 2500 (Barton) 333/FSB
    512MB (2x256)of Apacer PC3200
    Maxtor 60GB ATA/133 7200RPM 2MB cache.

    I tend to get mainboards with on board video to have video backup in case my
    video card dies.

    The AK79G Max is the best mainboard I have ever built a system around. I am
    not into OC'ing nor do I do much gaming. I am using an Abit FX 5200 nvidia
    based video card and I am able to play WarCraft III, Myst III and Diablo II
    with no problems. CD copying no problem.

    The following link is to a review of the AK79G Max.

    http://www.ocworkbench.com/2003/aopen/ak79gmax/ak79gmax-1.htm

    If I were you however I think I would give the AK77-600 Max a serious look.
    There is no on board video however this board is loaded and will probably be
    one of Aspen's so top of the line AMD board until the AMD FX CPUs become the
    mainstay in a year or two.

    The link below is to a review of the AK77-600 Max.

    Nystagmus, Feb 6, 2004