    Joe Guest

    I need to get a new UPS. How can I tell how much power I need? I have a Dell
    with a duel core and a 26" flat screen monitor.

    Joe, Dec 16, 2008

  2. Joe

    Jab Guest

    Hi Joe,
    I may be wrong but I believe you buy a UPS based on the amount of time
    you want the computer to stay on when there is a power failure. I purchased
    on for a business where it would keep the PC powered up for minutes if the
    stores power went out. This would give the manager's time to back up their
    data and power down the PC as normal. Goggle your question and I am sure
    there will be some sort of document to help you.

    Jab, Feb 28, 2009

  3. Joe

    Chuck... Guest

    There are two factors to consider. First what is the output Power
    (wattage) needed and then how long you want it to last. The backup has
    to have enough 'guts' to handle the demand or it will simply shut down.
    Then the question is how long do you want to have until it turns off or
    you have to turn it off.

    cheers,
    chuck...

    Chuck..., Mar 1, 2009