    Which one is the better card?

    Thanks

    Alex

    acolic, May 2, 2007

  2. acolic

    Paul Guest

    http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/ has a couple listings:

    7300GS G72 PCI-Express 128/256MB DDR2 550Mhz 400Mhz 64 Bits 4/4/3 DX9.0, PS3.0, VS3.0

    6600 NV43 PCI-Express 128MB DDR 300Mhz 275Mhz 128 Bits 8/8/3 DX9.0, PS3.0, VS3.0

    The BFG version of 6600, could be this one, and is overclocked from 300 --> 450MHz.
    It also looks like the amount of memory was bumped as well. What I cannot
    tell you, is if it is based on the same chip as the original 6600
    (NV43) or not. The BFGtech web page has a not-very-detailed spec
    which has as much info as the Newegg advert does. With the overclock,
    the card will be a little less than a 6600GT.

    BFG Tech BFGR66512OCE GeForce 6600 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 $95
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143100

    For gaming, the 6600 looks to be better than the 7300GS. Judging it
    to be a bit less than the 6600GT shown here...

    http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html

    The 7300GS is mentioned on this page, but I don't know whether there
    is any real advantage to the end user or not. Video decode acceleration
    only helps a little bit, and still needs a fair amount of CPU.

    http://www.nvidia.com/page/purevideo_support.html

    I probably would not buy either of them, as you can get a 7600GT for
    $90 after rebate. This is still pretty far down the totem-pole,
    but better than the other cards.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130062

    Paul

    Paul, May 2, 2007

  3. acolic

    No One Guest

    That's like comparing a Chevy Nova to a VW Rabbit. For a few bucks more
    upgrade to a 7600.

    No One, May 3, 2007