    I own a Maximus Formula motherboard. Currently, i have the USB 3.0 card inthe secondary PCI-E video slot. I would like to move it to the black PCI-E 1.0x slot, because my two USB 3.0 hard disk drives are resting too close to the floor. Would doing effect speed of the USB 3.0 HDDs?

    Thanks
    NBK

    NBK, Feb 14, 2013

  2. NBK

    Rob Guest

    What USB3 card is it? It is a X1 card?

    Rob, Feb 14, 2013

  3. NBK

    NBK Guest

    A SIIG USB 3.0 PCI-E card. It is an 1x card.

    NBK, Feb 14, 2013
  4. NBK

    Rob Guest

    In that case it should run no slower when in a 1x pcie slot.
    Max bandwidth of 1 pcie channel is 5Gbps and max for USB3 is 4.8Gbps.
    There are no USB3 devices which get anywhere near that yet.
    A typical USB3 hard drive can only sustain about 1Gbps (ie
    about 120 MB/S) although it may have tiny bursts faster than that
    (not something you'll notice in the real world.)
    HTH

    Rob, Feb 14, 2013