    like battlefield 1942 etc..

    Thanks in advance
    Dave

    David Condon, Nov 9, 2003

  2. David Condon

    DCstewieG Guest

    I'd say 2400+ but you can see for yourself. Go to www.pricewatch.com and
    click on CPUs. Make sure you match RAM with whatever one you get. 2400+
    would be 266 FSB = PC2100 but higher are 333 FSB = PC2700.

    DCstewieG, Nov 9, 2003

  3. David Condon

    J.Clarke Guest

    On 8 Dec 2003 02:56:51 -0800
    It really depends on priorities. The A7N8X will take a 3200+ and run it
    at its full rated speed. If you don't want to overclock then this would
    give the best performance, but it's an expensive processor. Best bang
    for the buck is a 2500+--above that speed the price rises out of
    proportion to the clock speed.

    If you're willing to overclock the 2500+ can often be clocked to 3200+
    or higher performance levels, but, as with all things overclocking,
    there is no guarantee that any given processor will reach that speed or
    overclock at all.

    J.Clarke, Dec 7, 2003
  4. David Condon

    HJ Guest

    I have AMD 2700+ on Asus A7N8X-X. Some tests says that this AMD-CPU
    gives best performance for this mobo... if you are using AMD.

    HJ, Dec 8, 2003
  5. David Condon

    HJ Guest

    Right, i didn't say that you must buy AMD 2700+ to A7N8X-X. I builded
    so called low-budget machine, and that was best choice when compared
    to others in "number crunching" speed. I don't need game-computer.
    Intel is better choice in game machines.

    HJ, Dec 9, 2003