    Also, anything i need to be concerned with using XP on this drive as
    my primary?

    TIA

    NoneOfBusiness, Mar 7, 2004

  2. NoneOfBusiness

    SPRITE1001 Guest

    I personaly use the Via controler however I've heard people say the promise
    gives better preformance (would like to see some sorta documention, webistes if
    anyone knows of one). Only concerns with running XP is
    1. No native SATA controlers in the OS so you'll need to download the driver
    and put it on a floppy (easy process, instructionms are usualy in the
    downloaded zip). As I've said in another post, people seem to be having issue
    with Asus drivers so I'd reccomend going to viaarena.com to get the drivers.

    2. Size of your drive. XP pre-service pack 1 doesnt support drives over 130GB.
    If your installing a larger than 130GB drive with Post-Service Pack1 on, no
    problem. If your doing it with an older copy of the OS (pre-Serivce pack) you
    can slipstream the service pack on to a CD. Go here
    www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/winxp-sp1-bootcd.html
    for instructions.

    Good luck.

    SPRITE1001, Mar 7, 2004