    am wondering if it would be better to get DDR 3200, 3500 or 3700. the
    DDR3700 runs at CAS3, and the rest runs at CAS2. am planning 2 OC the system
    and i guess the 2x 512 cas2 sticks would be better?

    Jerry, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Jerry

    Ben Pope Guest

    It's a difficult one... I'm not sure the actual RAM chips on those DIMMs
    will be much different and therefore should be able to do similar timings at
    similar speeds. The 3700 may run at CAS2 when you take it from 233MHz down
    to 200MHz.

    I doubt you'll get your FSB much above 220MHz, so you may want to get the
    3500 as you will know what timings you can get at 216MHz and can just see
    how far you can push beyond 216MHz before you have to start relaxing
    timings.

    I've got the A7N8X Deluxe and can get 220MHz 5-2-2-2 with my Corsair
    Twinx1024-3200LL at 2.7V. They should be good for 2.8V, so I wonder how far
    I could make them go. Unfortunately my CPU is not a high FSB lover :-(

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Oct 21, 2003

  3. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    cheers 4 the feedback m8...
    will be running a Duron 1.4 till i can get an XP2500+ barton chip :p
    at the mo most likely will go for the 3200
    :)

    Jerry, Oct 21, 2003