    With regards,

    Piotr Walendowski

    P.S. Happy Easter!

    Faraon, Apr 10, 2004

  2. Faraon

    Wes Newell Guest

    Well, the 133 setting won't work in the KT133 chipset due to an
    engineering bug in the chipset (the reason for the KT133A). So about the
    most you will get out of would be around 115, and that's overclocking the
    PCI/AGP buses and maybe ram bus too, depending on board. So for
    conservative figures, 24x100 (2400MHz) is the max, assuming you get an
    unlocked cpu. If you have good ram, tolerant PCI/AGP components, then
    24x115 (2760MHz), but you probably won't find any K7 cpu that will run
    that fast with extreme cooling. See link below for more info. The cpu in
    the sig line is an unmodified, unlocked, 2100+ Tbred B core, AIUHB 0302.

    Wes Newell, Apr 10, 2004

  3. Faraon

    Erez Volach Guest

    AFAIK this board (7ZX) will not take even an XP1500+, fasest is Athlon
    1400MHz/100. I have the same board, revision 1, but with a different clock
    generator (there were 2 possible) with FSB's 100, 102, 104, 106, 108, 110,
    112, 133. All but the 133 worked fine with my PC133 and Duron 750,
    overclocking the FSB and memory (up to 149MHz), but PCI/AGP are locked IIRC.
    There was no bios update for Athlon XP when they were released. officially
    it is not supported, even at speeds within the boards limits, so not sure if
    they will work at 100MHz.
    http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/CPUSupportList/CPUSupportList_Socket+A.htm

    Erez Volach, Apr 13, 2004
  4. Faraon

    Wes Newell Guest

    I just told you the 133 setting won't work on the KT133 chipset. Did you
    read anything I wrote? And you are flat wrong about the fastest cpu that
    will run in it too.
    This means nothing. It's virtually worthless BS from Gigabyte. The same BS
    Abit shows for the board below.:)
    Here's Abits BS.
    http://fae.abit.com.tw/eng/faq/generic/checkcpu.htm
    And it's as worthless as Gigabytes.
    Here's the cpu running at 2400MHz.
    processor : 0
    vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
    cpu family : 6
    model : 8
    model name : Unknown CPU Type
    stepping : 1
    cpu MHz : 2400.188
    cache size : 256 KB
    fdiv_bug : no
    hlt_bug : no
    f00f_bug : no
    coma_bug : no
    fpu : yes
    fpu_exception : yes
    cpuid level : 1
    wp : yes
    flags : fpu vme de tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
    bogomips : 4784.12

    The only problem I could see would be if the some idiot wrote the bios to
    set the FSB at 133Mhz when a cpu with a 133MHz default FSB was installed.
    In that case, it won't boot until you mod the cpu for a 100Mhz default
    FSB since the chipset won't support a 133MHz FSb (Thanks VIA).

    If you want to know about the default FSB look here.
    http://fab51.fc2web.com/pc/barton/athlon-e21.html

    Wes Newell, Apr 13, 2004
  5. Faraon

    Wes Newell Guest