    I'm not using the RAID functionality, but I do have my hard drive attached to
    the Highpoint controller for the ATA100 support. Does it matter if I use the
    1.11.0402 or 2.34 version of the Highpoint BIOS?

    void, Jan 29, 2004

  2. void

    Dave Hau Guest

    Bundling an old Highpoint bios means Abit doesn't have to do much QA testing
    on the raid functionality when they release bios A9, which is a prudent
    business decision on Abit's part considering the KT7 was already a pretty
    old product when A9 was released.

    You probably should still install the modded A9 bios with 2.34 HPT bios, one
    reason being that 48-bit LBA support was added in bios 2.32 I believe. So
    you won't be able to use a HD > 137GB with a bios older than 2.32. Also,
    the 2.34 drivers might be more reliable considering it has more bug fixes in
    them. (or less reliable depending on how you view the bug fixes.)

    - Dave

    Dave Hau, Jan 29, 2004

  3. void

    GlassVial Guest

    Personally I use the modified A9 bios with HPT 2.35. This is the
    modded bios that supposedly correctly reports the XP cpu's and what
    not. Oh and this is for v1.0-1.2, not for 1.3 IIRC. Here's the link,
    you need to register to read the thread and download the BIOS file:

    http://forums.biosmods.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1375

    Thanks go to erik(c) for posting this link awhile back. Oh, and
    keeping the drivers matching I believe there was one of the cards on
    highpoint's website that had the 2.35 driver. I don't recall which
    one just take a look.
    -GV

    GlassVial, Jan 30, 2004