    whatever and there is a slightly high pitched sound. Also if you do anything
    that accesses the hard drive the whining is interupted in sync with the hard
    drive moveent. How do I get the interference to go away?

    Grendel, Aug 5, 2003

  2. Grendel

    Doughnut Guest

    Hi,

    Try muting the line-in, had this on my n-force 2 it cured the problem.

    doughnut

    Doughnut, Aug 5, 2003

  3. Grendel

    Grendel Guest

    No I still get it. I try muting from the Volume control in Windows. ON my
    microphone for instance anything from about halfway to all the way up in
    volume will make this noise. Now normally I don't listen to much this high
    in volume. However I don't think I remember my SoundBlaster having this
    problem.

    Is this just because it's onboard sound?

    Grendel, Aug 5, 2003