    sam owens Guest

    Thanks

    Sam

    sam owens, Oct 9, 2006

  2. sam owens

    Leon Willard Guest

    You use DDR (PC3200 and lower) - NOT DDR2 as I assumed. I bought DDR2 when I
    got the board assuming that it required that. After I got home and read the
    manual I found out different. Meant another trip to return it.

    Leon

    Leon Willard, Oct 10, 2006

  3. sam owens

    sam owens Guest

    On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 00:15:48 GMT, "Leon Willard"
    <> wrote:

    >You use DDR (PC3200 and lower) - NOT DDR2 as I assumed. I bought DDR2 when I
    >got the board assuming that it required that. After I got home and read the
    >manual I found out different. Meant another trip to return it.
    >
    >Leon

    Cool. That was a question of mine also. Thanks Leon. What kind did you
    buy?

    Sam

    sam owens, Oct 11, 2006
  4. sam owens

    Leon Willard Guest

    I had 1GB of PC3200 on hand so I didn't have to buy any. I've had pretty
    good luck with all memory these days, even the 'budget' kind. Then again, I
    don't overclock. The pair I have in there now is one Kingston 512MB and the
    other a CORSAIR 512Mb. No problems. That ECS KN1 seems pretty rock solid. At
    first, I had a problem getting it to reliably recognize and boot on a 400GB
    Seagate SATA2 drive, and instead it kept defaulting to the 160GB ATA drive,
    but that problem seems to have gone away. And by the way, the KN1 recognizes
    and works with both the 1.5Gb/sec and the 3Gb/sec SATA 2 drives.

    Leon

    Leon Willard, Oct 11, 2006