Who makes motherboards for Acer?

Discussion in 'Acer' started by MHF, Aug 19, 2007.

  1. MHF

    MHF Guest

    I want to remove this gelded bios (Phoenix-Award workstation bios)
    Acer gives you with their PCs. I just put in some new memory and now
    the Bios goes into Safemode. I would like to be able to adjust the
    memory voltage settings so I can upgrade my memory. Here is my system:

    Model: ASE380-UD421A

    Running an ATHLON 64 X2 4200+ and soon to be installing Vista premium.
    Right now I am on a blank hard disk. Acer is sending me a new system
    recovery disk.

    Regards

    Mike

    RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!This guy is the real deal here folks.

    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

    Help secure our borders.

    https://secure.responseenterprises.com/minutemanhq/?a=856

    MHF, Aug 19, 2007

  2. MHF

    doS Guest

    you are wasting your time.you are trying to put a jeep engine in a pacer....

    doS, Aug 19, 2007

  3. MHF

    Resca Guest

    I want to remove this gelded bios (Phoenix-Award workstation bios)
    My Asphire T671 motherboard is made by MSI. I found it thanks to a
    D33008 printed between the PCI slots. This is the cross reference:

    D33002 IBM-Hitachi
    D33004 FOXCONN
    D33005 ASUS
    D33006 GIGABYTE
    D33007 FIC
    D33008 MSI
    D33010 HIS
    D33011 PowerColor-TUL
    D33014 WD(old Fujistu)
    D33015 WD
    D33017 Hitachi-LG Optical
    D33019 MAXTOR Simgapore
    D33027 Seagate
    D33032 Shuttle
    D41039 Aopen
    D33058 Chantech
    D33064 DFI
    D33068 Abit
    D33071 MITEC
    D33075 Sparkle
    D33080 ????
    D33083 GIGABYTE-QDI
    D33088 Galaxy-FOXCONN
    D33221 EPOX-CHINA
    D33282 Albatron
    D33171 ASMART
    D31010 ASUS Old Factory
    D33271 FOXCONN
    D33A27 YUAN-Palit
    D43136 GodenStar
    D33529 Super Flower
    D33108 SevenTeam
    D33373 IBM-Excelstor
    D41126 Logitech-SuZhou

    Unfortunately it looks a board made only for ACER and no one of the very
    good ser manuals fitted to my exact board, but they were of great help.

    Good luck!

    Resca, Aug 20, 2007
  4. MHF

    HH Guest

    I agree with doS. Forget about it. Very few even full featured BIOS have
    memory voltage adjustments. Why not just use the appropriate memory for your
    motherbnoard and be done with it?

    HH

    HH, Aug 20, 2007
  5. MHF

    scismgenie Guest

    scismgenie, Jan 30, 2008
  6. MHF

    HH Guest

    No go on changing the BIOS. Ain't gonna happen.

    HH

    HH, Jan 30, 2008