Whos got a Barton 3200 here just would like some feedback :)

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by We Live For The One We Die For The One, Mar 3, 2004.

  1. How sit perform, benchmark details ect.

    Thanks.

    We Live For The One We Die For The One, Mar 3, 2004

    Frank Hagan Guest

    Shuttle AN35N / WIN XP Pro SP1
    XP2500 Barton FSB220 x 10 (2200MHz) @ 1.725v

    2x512MB PC3500 set at 100% @ 2.6v

    Vantec Aeroflow 7040 w/ Arctic Silver Ceramique
    LiteOn 48x24x48 Maxtor 80GB / Maxtor 40GB

    Sony FD / Zip 250 USB (external)
    Asus Ti4200 128MB AGP8x
    On Board LAN and AC'97 sound USR 56k voice fax modem
    Antec SX-835 2x80mm exhaust

    System 34C / CPU 50C (Prime95 stress test)/ room temp 78F/26C

    AIDA32 Memory READ 3324

    FRH

    Frank Hagan, Mar 3, 2004

    Frank Hagan Guest

    Ooops! But it runs like a 3200 Barton ;-)

    FRH

    Frank Hagan, Mar 3, 2004

    Chip Guest

    I have a 3200 Barton. Its "OK" but nothing spectacular.

    Runs 11x200 at 1.65v (obviously!)
    11x210 = 2310 at 1.75v (this is my normal setup) temps 38C on idle, 46C
    Prime95
    11x220 = 2420 at 1.85v still quite cool, 41C idle 52C load.

    I can't get it over 2420MHz stable though. I can run games, 3dmark etc no
    problem at around 2475MHz, but I can't get Prime95 stable, even with 1.9v.
    That's as high as I tried - I thought my temps were high enough as it is.

    Seems to me you'd be better off with a 2600-M. That will almost certainly
    clock just as high, its half the price and its unlocked. I wouldn't buy a
    3200 again if mine died tomorrow.

    Chip

    Chip, Mar 3, 2004

    Chip Guest

    Forgot to mention. It runs 11x200 at 1.2v without a CPU fan, which is quite
    neat. Prime95 at 44C with no CPU fan. I didn't try to see how high I could
    get at 1.2v - I was just messing around. When you think of it, an Athlon XP
    with 512k cache running 1200MHz with no CPU fan, I think that's the chips
    most impressive ability!

    Chip

    Chip, Mar 3, 2004

    rstlne Guest

    Forgot to mention. It runs 11x200 at 1.2v without a CPU fan, which is
    quite
    I cant even set mine to 1.2v
    1.60 -- 1.85 is what my a7n8x-d (v2) allows..

    rstlne, Mar 4, 2004

  7. Hi,
    yeah good point,I wonder what the minimum vCore is on most motherboards.
    Off-hand I couldn't even say what it is for the NF7-S and the AN7 that I
    built :p

    I like the idea of *fanless* 11x200 at 1.2vCore! (for a quiet media system).
    It would be funny to see people *Volt-Modding* their chipsets to reduce the
    vCore :p

    Wayne Youngman, Mar 4, 2004

    Chip Guest

    system).

    Yeah, its not so daft is it. I would think a 1200MHz XP has a lot more
    "oomph" than one of those VIA CPU thingies that some people build media PC's
    out of.

    Chip.

    Chip, Mar 4, 2004

    rstlne Guest

    Hi,
    My Book says 1.1 (in fact I think that the bios used to allow it)..
    Considering it's not stable @ 1.6vcore then I doubt it would be stable at
    1.2 :)

    Yea.. I would think it would like.. be too much oomph to even be called
    oomph :) ..
    VIA uses a really wack PR rating too.. I can only guess that they go agains
    ta P1 ..
    the AMD's PR rating is bad too cause they based it on the first p4 release..
    so a 3200+ amd pr is not all that good in comparision to a 3200 p4 ( unless
    you consider price)..

    I did try to run mine fanless last night and windows pulled a bluescreen on
    me.. Strange thing is that it bluescreen'd at about 60c so I have to wonder
    if part of it was me c hanging the FSB while windows was running

    rstlne, Mar 4, 2004

    Geoff Guest

    flash a better bios to it
    and buy ABIT next time