    In all the reviews that I have read they seem to indicate that the GT
    is the better deal.

    GPUrookie

    GPUrooky, Aug 22, 2005

  2. GPUrooky

    Hawk Guest

    lol ... not sure I'd refer to the 7800GT as "low cost" but it is a much
    better value than the GTX. =D

    (*>

    Hawk, Aug 22, 2005

  3. GPUrooky

    Scotter Guest

    It's relative and there are more variables than just screen resolution.
    You may want to ask yourself questions like, "Do I want to play such and
    such game at X frames per second at 1600x1200 with all the eye candy turned
    on or X+10 frames per second blah blah blah...?" Now the difference between
    the GT and the GTX, performance wise, in most games right now may not be
    recognizable by the human eye and if you factor in the price difference, the
    GT may be the best buy for you.
    Me? When I move up next I'll probably get the GTX or whatever is the very
    top of the line at the time. But I certainly see the wisdom in getting just
    one step down and saving quite a bit of money. That's what I did when I
    bought the 6800 GT OC instead of the Ultra. BTW, BFG is a great brand.

    Scotter, Aug 22, 2005
  4. GPUrooky

    First of One Guest

    Why buy a Mercedes SL65 when you can buy a "low cost" SL600? Above a certain
    price point, the extra money you pay is no longer an issue...

    First of One, Aug 23, 2005
  5. GPUrooky

    MP Guest

    Yep, Scotter. As I keep harping (and I'm certain everyone is sick of it -
    especially from a newbie here):

    BFG nVidia GeForce 6800 GT OC (AGP or PCI-e- your choice of flavors).

    You can't go wrong with this card within its price range- and it's not just
    because I have one. Really.

    Get the BFG nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra if want to go a little further in your
    quest for a great card.

    Mark

    MP, Aug 23, 2005
  6. The 7800gt I think is the best buy. When you sli them the performance
    between the gt's and gtx's in sli are very similar in 1600x1200. So what
    im going to do is get the gt and then in about 6 months when there cheaper
    get another for sli. If you were to go gtx then youd have to buy another gtx
    just to have the same performance as the gt's and youd spend about $200
    more. So that doesnt make sense. 7800gt all the way.
    Im glad I waited.

    lonesw0rdsman, Aug 23, 2005
  7. GPUrooky

    Robbie Guest

    If you've got money to burn in the fireplace (literally) then you can get the
    best. I wish I were rich!