    Any sugestion?

    Thanks.

    Criminal.

    criminal, Oct 28, 2005

  2. criminal

    Smart Feet Guest

    Video card might be getting too hot. Play with your PC case open and
    see if it still happens...

    Smart Feet, Oct 28, 2005

  3. criminal

    J Guest

    I dunno maybe your *630 GHz* overclock might cause a few problems?

    ;)

    J, Oct 28, 2005
  4. What are the temperatures for the case, CPU, and video card when you are
    having these problems? I have a P5P800 motherboard and know that the
    placement of the CPU causes problems with some cases. In my original
    case the CPU was idling at around 60C. A new case with more room
    between the CPU and power supply dropped the idle temperatures 20C.

    Michael W. Ryder, Oct 28, 2005
  5. criminal

    criminal Guest

    At this moment:

    Motherboard: 40
    2 Hard disk: 53 and 50
    CPU: 48
    Cooling fan: 4.5
    Voltage CPU: 1.6
    (data collected from Everest Ultimate Edition)
    Computer's room: 25

    If the temperature is the problem, I will install a new cooling fan. But I
    prefer to look for another solution because the noise of the PC already
    enough is elevated by the nights.
    AGP is at 8x. It would solve to something lowering at smaller AGP speed?

    criminal, Oct 28, 2005
  6. Your temperatures for the CPU and hard drives seems a bit high. You
    might have an airflow problem. How far is the CPU from the power
    supply? In my first case there was less than a half inch of clearance
    between them and I could feel the heat in the power supply through the
    side of the case. My new case has a couple of inches of clearance and
    my overheating problems went away.
    You could also use a program like Speedfan (MBM does not work correctly
    with this board) to monitor your voltages while gaming to see if maybe
    the power supply can't handle the increased load.

    Michael W. Ryder, Oct 28, 2005
  7. criminal

    Kent_Diego Guest

    Useally bad RAM or cheap power supply is cause. Try changing BIOS settings
    for memory timing and also run Memtest86. Try swapping RAM and PS to see if
    helps. My experience with video card caused crashes is the computer will
    lock-up solid. You can try under clocking GPU with ATI Tool to see if fixes
    problem. Move your PCI cards to different slots as on PCI slot will share
    IRQ with AGP. Look at the forums at http://rage3d.com for more ideas.

    Kent_Diego, Oct 29, 2005
  8. criminal

    nathantw Guest

    Are you kidding? CPU and motherboard too hot at 40c and 48c? Give me a
    frickin' break. The equipment is made to work at those tempertures.
    Look at the operating tempertures of the CPU and motherboard in the
    owner manuals. My Pentium 4 shuts down at 60C and I'm normally running
    both my CPU and motherboard at 52c - 53c. No problems whatsoever.

    nathantw, Nov 2, 2005
  9. If he is idling at 48 then there Is an airflow problem. My idle
    temperature right now with a 3.4 Prescott is around 38, 10 degrees less.
    Full load jumps the temperature to around 60. If his CPU is also
    jumping 10 - 12 degrees under full load then that puts the temperature
    at around 70 when the CPU will start throttling, etc. Plus all that
    extra heat may be affecting the output from the power supply.

    Michael W. Ryder, Nov 2, 2005
  10. criminal

    Sleepy Guest

    Your P4 goes from 38c idle to around 60c under load ? Thats a helluva big
    jump mate - my Athlon goes up 5 or 6 degrees and I think thats the norm for
    most people.

    Sleepy, Nov 3, 2005
  11. criminal

    Sleepy Guest

    With proper airflow in your case the motherboard temp should always be at
    least 10c below the CPU. If your motherboard temp is that high then theres a
    good chance the graphics card will overheat. I suspect your temperature
    monitoring program isnt set up properly.

    Sleepy, Nov 3, 2005
  12. My motherboard temperature is about 6C below my CPU at idle, but I agree
    that 50C is too high for the motherboard.

    Michael W. Ryder, Nov 3, 2005
  13. criminal

    criminal Guest

    I have returned to watch the temperature of the CPU when game with quake4
    and have been able to verify that one rises until the 65. After this the
    system shut down.
    the problem is the temperature. Now I know it clearly. I have seen that my
    motherboard allows to choose how much heat is necesary to shut down.
    What do you think about the top temperature for a Pentium 4 630 (3.00 GHz),
    1 Mb Ram, Motherboard Asus P5P800 ?

    criminal, Nov 3, 2005
  14. I am using the P5P800 motherboard with a 3.4 GHz Pentium 4 and my idle
    temperatures are under 40C, with full load reaching 60C. You should be
    able to match these temperatures. When I first built the system I had
    similar problems to you and feeling the side of the case could feel how
    warm it was. The clearance between the heatsink and the power supply
    was about 1/2" so the air flow was totally disturbed. The case worked
    fine with my previous setup, but that had the CPU in the center of the
    board instead of at the top. A new case with a couple of inches
    clearance solved the air flow problem and the temperatures dropped to
    what I consider reasonable.

    Michael W. Ryder, Nov 3, 2005

  15. Wow! I wonder whats the life span at 70c (158f) of a chip, Or even
    60c (140f) when compaired to say 38c (100f) ?

    Danny Greaves, Nov 3, 2005