Why iCloud not likely in Canada

Discussion in 'Apple' started by JF Mezei, Jun 14, 2011.

  1. JF Mezei

    JF Mezei Guest

    JF Mezei, Jun 14, 2011

  2. JF Mezei

    Fred Moore Guest

    NO! NO! NO! It's entirely related to HOCKEY.

    (I'm trying very hard to make this Roberto Luongo's fault, but I just
    can't make the final connection, therefore...)

    It's all Gary Bettman's fault and part of his continuing machinations to
    relegate all of Canadian hockey to the minor leagues. The Atlanta
    WhatEverTheyWere will NEVER move to Winnipeg if the players can't plug
    into the iFog to listen to their tunes! Bettman knows this and has
    secretly been aiding and abetting the passage of higher royalty/use fees
    on all media in Canuckistan.

    Of course, he will deny everything just like he denied to Peter
    Mansbridge being booed before Game 1 of the cup finals:
    I Wasn't Booed! Nobody Booed Me! Who Are You Saying Booed Me?!?
    <<http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/TV_Shows/The_National/1233408557/ID=1964
    239637>
    t=23:00

    As always, the complete lack of evidence is the surest sign that the
    conspiracy is working.

    HaHa, HoHo, & HeeHee

    Fred Moore, Jun 14, 2011

  3. JF Mezei

    David Empson Guest

    Except that the article isn't talking about iCloud. It is talking about
    one specific feature of iCloud, namely the iTunes Match service. I've
    corrected the subject line accordingly.

    At present, iTunes Match is only available in the US. Licensing
    agreements with the music labels are needed in other countries, and in
    some countries there could be legal constraints.

    The other aspects of iCloud (e.g. calendar and contact sync, document
    sync, photo stream, data backup) should have no issues and should be
    available worldwide at the same time.

    David Empson, Jun 14, 2011
  4. JF Mezei

    Lewis Guest

    iTunes Match isn't even really part of iCloud at all, it is a paid addon
    to a free product.

    Lewis, Jun 15, 2011
  5. JF Mezei

    Warren Oates Guest

    What time is it?
    12 past Luongo.

    Warren Oates, Jun 15, 2011
  6. JF Mezei

    Fred Moore Guest

    Okay, Warren, you've done it AGAIN! That's priceless, and all too
    accurate. We'll see what tonight brings, unless they start the backup
    (whose name I forget). But they usually throw Roberto back into it,
    especially when the game's at home.

    Fred Moore, Jun 15, 2011
  7. iTunes Match isn't even really part of iCloud at all, it is a paid addon
    to a free product.[/QUOTE]

    Isn't iCloud that free product?

    Michelle Steiner, Jun 15, 2011