    directly. Anyone know why? The System Profiler knows the external drive is
    there, and I can burn with Toast etc.

    Ed

    Ed Kearns, Sep 10, 2005

  2. With a few exceptions, iDVD has never burned directly to anything but
    built-in Apple SuperDrives. See
    <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60788#faq7>. Check
    Accelerate Your Mac's database
    <http://forums.xlr8yourmac.com/drivedb/search.drivedb.lasso> for hacks
    that will let you use iDVD with a non-Apple drive.

    Neill Massello, Sep 10, 2005

  3. Ed Kearns

    Ed Kearns Guest

    It burns just fine to the same external drive on an iMac G5! As I said, I
    know how to do it with a disk image.

    Ed

    Ed Kearns, Sep 10, 2005
  4. Ed Kearns

    Susan Kayser Guest

    I may be misremembering, but I believe that iDVD ONLY writes directly to
    the internal drive. That's how Apple decided to do things.

    Susan K

    Susan Kayser, Sep 19, 2005
  5. Ed Kearns

    Josselin Guest

    even with 'Hurz' and 'Pfurz' files in your home directory ?
    I have a G4 Cube abd I can burn directly from iDVD5 to my external
    Pionneer DVD-RW ...

    Joss

    Josselin, Sep 20, 2005