    from floppy) only is functional during the XP installation.

    Can anyone help?

    Beemer

    Beemer, Oct 24, 2008

  2. Beemer

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <69fMk.78421$2> "Beemer"
    It's only necessary to use an F6 driver install in XP if you're planning
    on booting from a RAID driver, otherwise you can install the driver from
    within the OS.

    DevilsPGD, Oct 24, 2008

  3. Beemer

    Beemer Guest

    That is good news but I don't see how to do this. Here is my setup:

    GA EP45-DS3P Motherboard with onboard Intel Raid controller
    XP Prof with SP3
    C: Boot drive (non raid before and after) - sata
    D: for Sata1
    E: for Sata1
    CDROM - ATA
    DVD-RAM - ATA

    regards,

    Beemer

    Beemer, Oct 24, 2008
  4. Beemer

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <5ggMk.79628$2> "Beemer"
    Have you tried the SATA RAID drivers from Gigabyte?

    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=2841

    DevilsPGD, Oct 24, 2008
  5. Beemer

    Paul Guest

    The smaller download file, has the files for an F6 offering.
    You download it, double click and it unzips itself.

    http://europe.giga-byte.com/FileList/Driver/motherboard_driver_sataraid_intel_bootdisk_32.exe

    Copy the files to the floppy. The TXTSETUP file is how the OS figures out what
    is being offered. All the files go onto the floppy as is. There should be room.

    07/29/2008 04:58a 11,607 iaahci.cat
    07/20/2008 05:05p 9,063 iaAHCI.inf
    07/29/2008 07:03p 11,215 iastor.cat
    07/20/2008 05:05p 8,116 iaStor.inf
    07/20/2008 05:44p 324,120 IaStor.sys
    07/26/2006 11:09a 11,321 license.txt
    07/20/2008 05:05p 4,884 TXTSETUP.OEM

    I would do the repair install with only C: connected. That is to
    ensure nothing funny happens. Set the BIOS for RAID. Boot the
    Windows CD, and do the repair install, pressing F6 and offering
    the driver when needed. Windows may ask for the floppy twice,
    so don't be too quick removing it.

    http://helpdesk.its.uiowa.edu/windows/instructions/repairinstall.htm

    Once you're booted off C, you can download the larger 25MB file, as
    it would have the RAID Management console installation for the OS.

    If you run into trouble when D/E are connected, you could try
    using the BIOS RAID setup screens to define D/E as an array at
    that point. Otherwise, if there isn't a problem booting with
    C,D,E all present, you can do the RAID setup with the Windows
    level Intel RAID Management software. Then, copy back the
    backed up files onto the new array.

    Paul

    Paul, Oct 24, 2008
  6. Beemer

    Beemer Guest

    Paul,

    Many thanks for your information. I have made the floppy and also copied
    the Matrix program to a flash disk.

    Now I need to slipsteam my XP SP2 with SP3 before trying a repair.

    thanks,

    Beemer

    Beemer, Oct 24, 2008
  7. I know it's a long time since this thread was active but just in case anyone
    is still finding installing RAID drivers to be a problem after OS
    installation, can I suggest you use "Computer management" from within XP.
    Once inside Computer Management, click on Device Manager and then Other
    Devices which will show the RAIDs which are faulty. It is difficult to work
    out which RAID is which but I tried both, installed the drivers and got my
    SATA RAID Sil to work.
    Cheers,
    Brian

    Brian Griffin, Mar 28, 2009