  1. Art Vandolay

    Irene Guest

    Exactly!

    Irene, Feb 25, 2005

  2. "Sparky" exhausted and by mistake typed the following
    keys:
    Noup, spanish is ... I am Cuban :) was
    it too noticeable?

    Giovanni Azua, Feb 25, 2005

  3. Art Vandolay

    Sparky Guest

    Sparky, Feb 25, 2005
  4. Art Vandolay

    Sparky Guest

    Yes, but that dosn't mean anythng (it was an observation, not a flame).

    "Piece of geek" isn't something a native speaker would say, and Janis
    Joplin recorded a song called "Piece of My Heart".

    Sparky, Feb 25, 2005
  5. Art Vandolay

    Irene Guest

    Where did you find anything about a $1500/day spending limit?
    I guess my eyes are giving me trouble again, I can't find it.

    Irene, Feb 26, 2005
  6. Art Vandolay

    Paul Knudsen Guest

    I once bought a computer with an American Express card. I sinply
    called them first and got an ok. Admittedly this was several years
    ago and their policies might have changed.

    Paul Knudsen, Feb 26, 2005
  7. Art Vandolay

    Bea Xxxx Guest

    I don't see any problem in expressing my
    Thanks to this thread, I decided to check up on my particular credit
    cards. I have AMEX and Mastercard. What I found out was I have no
    daily limit. I can charge up to the maximum allowed on my cards in one
    day if I desire. HOWEVER, there is a catch and I think it is what
    caused the OP problems. I was told that the CC computers know what type
    of purchases we usually charge and if a large charge suddenly comes in,
    the CC company will reflag it and block the charge until they can get in
    touch with us and acknowledge that is really our charge. It is a
    protective device they use.

    Not too long ago Mastercard cancelled my card because I charged
    medications from a Mail Pharmacy out of town and they said it was not a
    normal charge for me. I insisted it was and the next day they had to
    Fedex me a new card.

    They told me to avoid these problems card holders are encouraged to call
    them "before" they make a large purchase or anything unusual. Anytime
    we take a trip, I always advise them to prevent the card being cancelled
    when out of town charges appear.
    This thread can be a learning experience for anyone who does not know CC
    companies have these rules. Unless the OP has a card with special
    rules provided in his case, one call to AMEX could have prevented all
    the hassle with Dell, IMO. I, am grateful to him that he shared his
    problem with us so that I can know what to do to avoid such a problem if
    I ever get around to purchasing a computer from any company. Thanks!

    Bea

    Bea Xxxx, Feb 26, 2005
  8. Art Vandolay

    Irene Guest

    No, they haven't changed.

    Irene, Feb 27, 2005
  9. Art Vandolay

    Irene Guest

    I have NEVER had a charge "blocked". We have been called or emailed a
    couple of times because it was a charge to a merchant that we had not bought
    from before. The last was a new HiDef Plasma TV. The bank called us and
    asked us to "confirm" the purchase. I thought it a little unusual at the
    time because the TV had already been delivered and installed before the
    email was dated.
    ..

    Irene, Feb 27, 2005