    $1200 authorization, a $758 and another one jsut a bit ago yet my order was
    still on hold because they claim no authorization. they lied.

    Yeah some hi-tech company

    Lineacker, Feb 23, 2005

  2. Art Vandolay

    Lineacker Guest

    Don't use credit cards yet have over 635K in the bank, a new $500K home paid
    cash for and I have a 1500 limit at my instruction when I opened the account.
    No credit problems ever, have excellent credit Nuff said!

    Lineacker, Feb 23, 2005

  3. Art Vandolay

    Paul Knudsen Guest

    That's more-or-less true. So build your own. Then complain to
    yourself when something goes wrong.

    Paul Knudsen, Feb 23, 2005
  4. Art Vandolay

    Paul Knudsen Guest

    It's simple. people go for the lowest price. They don't think about
    customer service until they need it.
    Thanks for the kind words but I'm not all that savvy. I'd never
    consider doing a complete build.

    My wife gave me a SATA drive for Christmas and I ran into all kinds of
    hassles trying to install it. It's working great now, but I never
    could restore my drive image to it. Yes, I did call Dell support when
    I could not get into MS's "repair" option. Naturally they were no
    help!

    Paul Knudsen, Feb 23, 2005
  5. Art Vandolay

    Irene Guest

    I don't know how long ago that was, but way back when, when I was just out
    of my teens, banks were a little more careful than today. Today, I can't
    imagine someone having problems unless they have a bad credit history and
    even then I have seen advertisements for credit cards for people who have
    bad credit.
    That is one of the reasons that the fees and interest rates are so high.

    Irene, Feb 23, 2005
  6. Art Vandolay

    Tom Scales Guest

    If you have only $635K in the bank and paid cash for a $500K home, then
    you're not very good with managing money, are you.

    Irrational

    Tom Scales, Feb 23, 2005
  7. Art Vandolay

    Lineacker Guest

    ROFLMAO! Jealous? Actually I am very good with managing money and I have
    excellent credit. I won't even list my investments. I think I'm doing rather
    well. Better then 75% of the interest paying slaves. I don't use credit ever.
    The debit card is simply my check book adm I am perfectly comfortable with the
    limit at the time I opened the checking account.

    Lineacker, Feb 23, 2005
  8. Art Vandolay

    Irene Guest

    Sure. Only, you missed the important part of that statement.

    " Sometimes the order must be placed with two or three separate charges
    going to the bank instead of the entire system amount."

    If you had made arrangements with your bank, IN ADVANCE, you could have left
    the box unchecked and avoided the whole problem. The key is "IN ADVANCE".
    As I have said, we have charged to credit cards, used check cards and debit
    cards. Nothing like that has ever occurred and we have charged/debited
    single purchases exceeding $15,000.

    Oh, yes, about me being "------ stupid"

    Who is the one having all the problems? We avoided having such problems by
    "planning ahead". How about you?

    Irene, Feb 23, 2005
  9. Art Vandolay

    Irene Guest

    Well, FINALLY, after all the BS, you just admitted the cause of the
    problem. You created it yourself and didn't have common sense enough to
    contact your bank IN ADVANCE to inform them you would have a one time
    "charge" coming through that exceeded your self imposed limit.
    All you had to do was tell your bank about the charge and from what company
    it was coming and you could have avoided all your problems.

    AND, I'm the "-------- stupid" one?

    I think not.

    Irene, Feb 23, 2005
  10. Art Vandolay

    Lineacker Guest

    Just finished mine this afternoon first one I ever did. Took about 90 minutes
    from start to finish then installed Windows XP, my isp and some other software
    and the damn thing runs like a dream.

    2x160 GB HDD, dvd burner, CD rw, flat panel screen, ATI graphics, Pentium 4
    2mb memory, sound blaster sound card, full duplex modem surround speakers with
    sub woofer so far so good.

    Lineacker, Feb 23, 2005
  11. Art Vandolay

    Notan Guest

    Notan, Feb 23, 2005
  12. Art Vandolay

    Notan Guest

    Freudian slip... That should've been "popped!"

    Notan

    Notan, Feb 23, 2005
  13. Art Vandolay

    Irene Guest

    Not to mention planning ahead for a one time purchase that he knows will
    exceed his self imposed $1500 limit. >g<

    Irene, Feb 23, 2005
  14. Art Vandolay

    Irene Guest

    You can say that again.

    Irene, Feb 23, 2005
  15. Art Vandolay

    S.Lewis Guest

    Complete builds are for most people overrated, and they're seldom cheap
    (unless one buys cheap parts). I continue to enjoy mine and it's solid as
    a rock, but there's certainly a place for reliable OEM units.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Feb 23, 2005
  16. Art Vandolay

    Lineacker Guest

    God damn are you fucking stupid! Orecisely what I have been attempting to
    accomplish all along

    Hey dumb twat the purpose of the check box is so dell knows to split the
    amounts up into smaller increments than the daily limit. The link is
    disfunctional, yet you can;t understand that,

    15,000 over on a debit card...... you are a liar

    I went there today and had it raised. Just called Dell they resubmitted and
    they still said it's fubar. they're screwed up that's all there is to it

    Obviously you are some dumb **** who doesn't understand the purpose of online
    ordering and why it should be up to the seller to make sure the ordering system
    and billing system is in proper working order. This in is=tself makes it
    easier for consumers to businessd with less hassles and less involvement with
    stupid fucking dellbots like you

    Lineacker, Feb 23, 2005
  17. Art Vandolay

    Lineacker Guest

    Lineacker, Feb 23, 2005
  18. Art Vandolay

    Lineacker Guest

    BLOW ME

    Lineacker, Feb 23, 2005
  19. Art Vandolay

    Lineacker Guest

    Bwahah just for the hell of it I had the limit raised and the order still
    wouldn;t go through they're screwed up you sure you're not a dellbot bitch

    Lineacker, Feb 23, 2005
  20. Art Vandolay

    Lineacker Guest

    Shove a dildoo up your ass you're a fucking moron are you from texas?

    Lineacker, Feb 23, 2005