    Then you would not have had to check the damn box, which is what started all
    your problems.

    And I'm the one that's "------- stupid"

    Irene, Feb 24, 2005

  2. Art Vandolay

    smh Guest

    Please read Linebacker's earlier posts near the beginning of this
    thread.

    smh, Feb 24, 2005

  3. Art Vandolay

    smh Guest

    Please easy on the language with Irene. She may be shell-shocked from
    all the attacks she's been getting from the Dellbots.

    smh, Feb 24, 2005
  4. Art Vandolay

    Tom Scales Guest

    Tom Scales, Feb 24, 2005
  5. Art Vandolay

    Irene Guest

    Please read Linebacker's earlier posts near the beginning of this
    thread.

    I have read all his posts.

    He stated that when he placed the order, he checked the box that said he had
    a $1500 daily limit on his debit card. He finally admitted that this was a
    self imposed limit that he could have raised and ultimately did raise,
    himself. He also said that AFTER he initiated the order and it was put on
    hold, he went to his bank(why I don't know, we only have to call our bank to
    change our limits) and increased the daily limit. By that time, the damage
    had already been done. Dell admitted to having problems with that "check
    box" and for reasons that he never does go into, was unable to fix the
    problem for him. He just called people names.

    A. He should have increased his daily debit limit before he placed the
    original order.

    B. When he realized that he was having problems that were not likely to be
    corrected easily, he should have cancelled his order.
    Then gone to his bank and increased his daily limit so that the order could
    be processed without splitting it. And, THEN reordered the computer, leaving
    that box unchecked.
    Common Sense!!!!

    Also common sense, it is much easier to avoid a problem than to fix it,
    particularly in today's computer oriented business world. I am sure you have
    heard: "the computer did it".

    This should give you some insight in "Linebacker"

    On 2/21/05 he posted the following:

    "The default limit is placed in order to protect one from theft and limit
    liability. Since the money is in the account there was no problem on my
    end."

    Then on 2/23/05 he posted the following"

    "I have a 1500 limit at my instruction when I opened the account. "

    On 2/22/05 he posted:
    "Oh for Christsakes get off the bank is the problem routine. You're too
    freaking stupid to understand the problem. Move on."

    On 2/22/05 he posted:

    "I gave up and have now obtained a case, a power supply, a motherboard,
    memory,
    hard drives, dvd and cd drives, sound and video cards, an LCD monitor and
    decided to simply build my own tonight rather then deal with dell or this
    topic any further."

    Then on 2/23/05 he posted:

    "I went there today and had it raised."

    Get the picture?

    Irene, Feb 24, 2005
  6. Art Vandolay

    Irene Guest

    Likewise. That is why we have one card that has no limit, daily or
    otherwise.

    We have never carried a balance from month to month on any of our bank
    cards. Everything is paid as soon as it is due.

    We do believe in excepting free use of their money, though. >g<

    Irene, Feb 24, 2005
  7. Art Vandolay

    Irene Guest

    Read my responses to your comments below:

    "Orecisely" ?

    Don't you understand that if you had not had the daily limit of $1500 that
    you was placed on your account, yourself and could have temporarily
    increased yourself, Dell would not have had to "split the charges". And you
    would not have had to check the box that tells them your account has a $1500
    daily limit.
    Sorry, but you are wrong. We currently have two credit cards that have
    limits of $25,000 and No Limit, respectively. And the only limit on our
    CheckCard(debit card) is the amount in our bank account at the time we use
    the card. That is what REALLY good money management and credit does for us.

    You just THINK you are good at managing your money, but in fact what you
    describe is not only "irrational"(as someone already told you) but obsurd.
    It's your money and you can flush it down the john or pile it up and burn
    it, BUT, don't delude yourself into believing that what you are doing is
    good money management. It is not.
    And above all, don't try to con the people here into believing it is. It
    just won't fly.

    As I told you(as have others) we used that on line order site without any
    problems at all. You caused your own problems and just don't want to accept
    responsibility for it.

    You are correct that Dell should fix any problems with their sites, but that
    doesn't relieve you of the responsibility to use some common sense and good
    judgement. You knew that you had the$1599 daily limit and you knew that you
    could have increased the limit BEFORE you ever placed the order. It is that
    simple.
    Again, we ordered three times using that same on line order page. Each of
    our purchases were in the range of $3000. None of them were split. None of
    them were rejected or placed on hold. None of them caused us problems in
    making the payment for the order.

    Can't you get it?

    YOU CAUSED YOUR OWN PROBLEMS.

    And now you're upset because Dell can't rectify the mess you created.

    This in is=tself makes it

    " stupid fucking dellbots like you "

    Boy, the Dellbots are going to get a real laugh out of that last comment.

    Irene, Feb 24, 2005
  8. Art Vandolay

    Irene Guest

    oops, typo. That should have been $1500 not $1599

    Irene, Feb 24, 2005
  9. Art Vandolay

    Tom Scales Guest

    OK, I snipped a lot, but I was lazy.

    While I do agree, Irene, that the $1500 limit caused a problem, we should
    not ignore that the magic little check box should have worked.

    That said, the way I have always read the checkbox was that it let you enter
    TWO cards on which to split the charge NOT that it allows a single card to
    be split over two days.

    OK, wait, I actually went as far as to add a machine to my cart.

    There is a CHECKBOX to choose TWO cards.

    There is a DROPDOWN to choose what your Debit card limit is.

    So, we'll assume the original poster didn't remember what he did, and Dell
    screwed up.

    I believe they likely did. There's been a lot of abuse towards the Original
    poster, but Dell likely did screw up.

    The abuse comes from the BAD attitude expressed here.

    It has to be bad for Irene to be on Dell's side :)

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Feb 24, 2005
  10. Art Vandolay

    S.Lewis Guest

    BAM!

    :) heh he

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Feb 24, 2005
  11. Art Vandolay

    smh Guest

    What I gather from the following are these:

    1. Dell asked about the limit, but there's no explicit instructions to
    raise the limit when the limit is not sufficient.

    2. Dell expected Linebaker to raise the limit while Linebacker assumed
    Dell would split the charges.

    (Note: There's some discrepancy on how the charges were split. That
    might have been caused by more than one Dell's botched charge split.)

    ------------------------------
    As I previosuly stated
    when submitting the order and utilizing a bank or debit card they
    specifically ask if there is a daily limit on the account. Why
    certainly,
    everyone has a daily limit. One would assume they ask this in order to
    split
    the purchase price up and submit more than one withdrawl.

    Apparently it is supposed to be done but the option isn't working.
    After
    several hours and emails trying to straighten this matter out I got
    ahold of a
    young lady this morning who straighted the entire matter out in less
    than a
    minute and deducted 1/3 this morning and a 1/3 the next two days.

    ------------------------------
    The fact is Dell gives you
    the option of picking the daily limit for the reason I outlined. Was
    told this
    morning it does not function properly and they are encountering this
    problem
    with many people. It;s not a matter of one not having good credit, it's
    matter of a faulty ordering system.

    Since dell inquires about the limit at the time of the order and amount
    their
    option was offered so they could do just as I stated, break the purchase
    price
    up into separate withdrawls.

    within one minute the matter was straighened out when I got lucky and
    found
    someone at Dell who knwew what the hell they were doing. The deducted a
    portion
    of the sale from my account i seconds, the remainder tomorrow.

    ------------------------------
    It took four days, several emails and calls to clear up a very simple
    matter that a lady who was helpful and knowlegeable this morning cleared
    up in
    60 seconds and acknowledged there was a problem with their online
    ordering. The
    problem was never on my end.

    ------------------------------
    Fortunately I reached the correct person this morning who was probably
    no more
    then a CS rep who recognized the problem from other buyers and rectified
    it
    immediately and who acknowleged the problem was a glitch in their online
    ordering where they specifically inquire about daily limits on credit or
    debit
    cards and the ammount it is set at. Apparently this is so they may
    break the
    withdrawls into smaller increments and withdraw over a couple days to
    avoid
    this type of problem.

    ------------------------------

    smh, Feb 24, 2005
  12. Art Vandolay

[...]

    matter of one not having good credit, it's a matter of a faulty ordering

    smh, Feb 24, 2005
  13. Art Vandolay

    Linebacker Guest

    Prescisly, as with the url I submitted earlier
    http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kb/en/document?dn=10
    12111

    what this Irene twit fails to realize is that this is a common transaction for
    Dell. The problem is Dell resubmitted and resubmitted over and over again
    creating authorizations and never withdrew the funds from my account.

    Dell's resubmissions over and over puts all the authorizations in a "que" which
    accounts towards a limit. I went to the bank and it's in their system. Should
    I try to use my card for a purchase it's jammed up with Dell's mistakes and I
    couldn't use the card at all

    The $1158 dollar charge from last Firday expires at midnight tonight. It's
    not a credit card it's a debit card, same as a check although it runs through
    master card for processing. The issue of bad credit or no credit is mute, all
    that matter in this type of transaction is - is there enough money in the
    account.

    If Dell does not access the funds after authorization within a few days the
    authorizations fall off the cue and the charges would have to be resubmitted.
    So if it's taken them since last Saturday to make 2 withdrals by the time the
    access the funds and ship the pc there's a problem. They have to retrieve the
    funds, this is the cruxt of the whole problem.

    I know precisley how I place my order, both times. I never canceled my 2nd
    order but I do not intend to buy the machine I'll cancel it before it gets to
    the stage of shipment if it ever does. I just want to watch the process.
    The Dell Rep told me they've had quite a few problems with online ordring and
    the option that sets the liit appears to be non functional.

    The bank raised the limit, I called Dell and they still tell me not authorized
    so who's at fault me, the bank or Dell? It's Dell of course.

    This woman has no idea what she's talking about at all. She's a troll

    So much for Dell's hi-tech on line ordering system and customer service.

    Linebacker, Feb 24, 2005
  14. Art Vandolay

    Linebacker Guest

    Obviously you just can not grasp the functions of dell's on line ordering
    system and why theu ask about limits. It;s so they can process the amounts in
    stages and serve their customers more efficiently. But they screw up when
    submitting for authorizations..... What a moron.

    No I should not have you simply just don;t get it toots

    Hey moron I canceled the first order. Get of the check box ttwit you simply
    don't understand it's function nor do you understand the mechanics of Dell's
    billing

    Tell me lazy person how do you avoid all problems in your life and when you
    encounter them do you throw your hands up in the air and refuce to fic them?

    My home brewed system is running fantastically....... and I save about six
    hundred dollars

    Linebacker, Feb 24, 2005
  15. Art Vandolay

    Linebacker Guest

    Nope told specifically be a Dell rep that is precisely why the function is on
    their onlien ordering kciks in automatically when selected and they break up
    the charges.

    Linebacker, Feb 24, 2005
  16. Art Vandolay

    Linebacker Guest

    Absolute outright lie! You have a limit

    Linebacker, Feb 24, 2005
  17. Art Vandolay

    Linebacker Guest

    No you're and effing moron

    Linebacker, Feb 24, 2005
  18. Art Vandolay

    Notan Guest

    American Express.

    No limit.

    Notan

    Notan, Feb 24, 2005
  19. Art Vandolay

    Tom Scales Guest

    You should quote better. Irene said she had a card with no limit, I didn't.

    Can't grasp the whole 'using a computer' thing, huh.

    Of course, she's right, as I too have a card with no limit.

    Ever heard of American Express?

    I could buy your mythical house with mine.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Feb 24, 2005
  20. Art Vandolay

    Irene Guest

    we should

    I agree and I said that I agree with Linebaker that Dell is responsible for
    fixing the bugs in their web sites, including that one. I am also of the
    opinion that they are very slow to do so.
    Witness the order tracking web page.

    What I fail to understand is why, knowing he had a self imposed $1500 daily
    limit on his card, didn't he raise the limit before placing the order,
    instead of days afterward. I believe that would have successfully avoided
    the problem, all together.
    I have always avoided the problems that he experienced by making sure that
    the limits of my card were sufficient to cover the purchase(s) that I
    planned on making. Not just with Dell, with whom we successfully order three
    very expensive computers using their online order web page, but with all
    merchants.
    Or am I wrong and have I just been lucky in never having a purchase put on
    hold, or split.

    Irene, Feb 24, 2005