Why is it so hard to do business with Dell

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Art Vandolay, Feb 21, 2005.

  1. Art Vandolay

    Irene Guest

    He made several assumptions and we all know the "daffynition" of "assume".

    As you say, he assumed that Dell would split the charge.

    He also assumed that everyone has a daily limit(not so)

    He assumed that Dell and his bank would cooperate to correct the error he
    made in assuming the two above assumptions.

    At some point the individual has to except some responsibility for his
    finances. He should have ensured that his limits(daily and otherwise) were
    sufficiently high to make the planned purchase. He did not. Then, after the
    fact, and after repeatedly denying that the limit he placed on the card
    himself was the root cause of the problem, he went into the bank and raised
    the limit.
    By then it was too late.
    Go Figure.

    BTW, that in way excuses Dell for not fixing their on line order web page.

    Irene, Feb 24, 2005

  2. Art Vandolay

    Irene Guest

    And you, in know way, are responsible for seeing to it that you have
    sufficiently high limits for the purchases you plan to make.

    And you claim to be very good at managing your finances.

    NOT!

    Irene, Feb 24, 2005

  3. Art Vandolay

    Linebacker Guest

    Hey morons the martter has nthing to do with daily limits had dell fulfilled
    their implied promise and obligation to bill under their own agreed to terms

    You people are morons and I don;t need to up my daily limits they;re just fine

    you'll never understand the point that Dell makes it harder for consumers to
    use their online ordering and their glitch causes undue delay in fulfilling the
    order.

    And Dell repeatedly submited the authorization request time after time. They
    did receive authorization they just didn;t take the funds from the account and
    jammed it up so it doesn;t matter if the daily limit was 1500 or 15,000 they
    would still repeatedly submit thier request over and over...another glitch

    in fact they attempted to lie out of the 1158 dollar charge they put on last
    friday morning.... siad it wasn;t there but I forwarded them an email i got
    straight from the bank proving it was. So there you have it you don;t know
    what you are talking about and Dell lies!

    Linebacker, Feb 24, 2005
  4. Art Vandolay

    Linebacker Guest

    don't pay you're bill then you've reached your limit go jump on plane fly
    around the world stay in luxury hotels guarantee you'll be stopped cold
    somewhere along the way

    Linebacker, Feb 24, 2005
  5. Art Vandolay

    Linebacker Guest

    had on several years ago got rid of them all moron go **** yourself

    Linebacker, Feb 24, 2005
  6. Art Vandolay

    Irene Guest

    Actually, it is moronic not to cover your own financial bases, instead of
    expecting someone else to do it for you..

    Yes, they probably were attempting to set some thing up, to avoid lost sales
    to people like you that haven't got common sense enough to make sure they
    are not exceeding their cards limits.

    Dell failed to make sure that their attempt worked the way they wanted it to
    work and they lost the sale anyway. And you failed to take responsibility
    for your own finances, prior to placing an order.

    Irene, Feb 24, 2005
  7. Art Vandolay

    Irene Guest

    Not to mention numerous others.

    This self appointed expert on managing money doesn't even have the basics
    regarding credit and debit cards, what their limits are and how to properly
    use them.

    Irene, Feb 24, 2005
  8. Art Vandolay

    Irene Guest

    You still don't understand the basics. Not paying your bill and having a
    limit on your card or not having a limit on your card are two completely
    different animals.
    We have no limit on our card. Failing to pay our bill will not result in a
    limit, it will result in being charged interest and penalties, and very high
    ones at that.

    You really don't have any knowledge of credit and debit cards, how they
    work, and how to properly use them, do you?

    Irene, Feb 24, 2005
  9. Art Vandolay

    smh Guest

    Tom Scales:

    "There's been a lot of abuse towards the Original poster,
    but Dell likely did screw up."
    In the quoted text below, there's only one instance of "assume".
    That argument came much later.
    He made no such assumption. He made only one assumption: Dell would
    split the charge.
    Why raise the limit when he didn't need to? Maybe Linebacker should
    have fixed the Dell order page?
    He did not.
    Save the lecture.
    No kidding! It's not all Linebacker's faults?

    BTW, have it ever occurred to you that had Dell fixed the web page,
    Linebacker wouldn't have been here?

    smh, Feb 24, 2005
  10. Art Vandolay

    Sparky Guest

    Lineacker wrote:

    That's not such a big deal, e.g., I have 4 credit cards and have over
    $1,270K in the bank & a $1M home owned free & clear.

    IOW, it's not the CCs that make the difference.

    Sparky, Feb 24, 2005
  11. Art Vandolay

    Sparky Guest

    Right, you have excellent credit. You're an excellent investor,
    definitely. 3 minutes to Wapner!
    No, no, please, dazzle us with your Buffetian investing acumen.
    This concept is foreign to banks large & small in the NC regios.

    I'm beginning to think Linebacker played too much football without his
    helmet.

    :)

    Sparky, Feb 24, 2005
  12. Art Vandolay

    Sparky Guest

    A dazzling wit as well!

    Sparky, Feb 24, 2005
  13. Art Vandolay

    Sparky Guest

    Sparky, Feb 24, 2005
  14. Art Vandolay

    Sparky Guest

    English a 2nd language for you, dude?

    Sparky, Feb 24, 2005
  15. Art Vandolay

    Sparky Guest

    Why don't you declare victory and move on, whipdick?

    <a "dildoo", LOL>

    Sparky, Feb 24, 2005
  16. Art Vandolay

    Sparky Guest

    Right, "dream" being the operative word here. BTW, are you on
    medication? I think your dose needs to be bumped.
    Wow, 2mb of memory! Very impressive.
    "full duplex modem"? ROTFLMAO!!!

    Sparky, Feb 24, 2005
  17. Art Vandolay

    Sparky Guest

    Even then, cheapest = best for most people.

    Sparky, Feb 24, 2005
  18. Art Vandolay

    Sparky Guest

    Except you're totally unqualified.

    The asylum called, your rubber roon is ready.

    Sparky, Feb 24, 2005
  19. Except you're totally unqualified.
    Meaning that personal attacks is your only
    way for you to bring arguments defending DELL.

    What a piece of a geek!

    Giovanni Azua, Feb 24, 2005
  20. Art Vandolay

    Tom Scales Guest

    You have this much money and you don't understand Amex?

    I've put $150K on the card in a month -- no worries.

    Tom Scales, Feb 24, 2005