    this might be the reason.

    Regards,
    Steffen

    Steffen Krause, Nov 30, 2003

  2. Theoretically, they all use the same recognition engine. Which is true.
    However, there are ways to optimize the recognition experience that
    developers can use.

    I know that Journal does a better job of dividing ink into words. In
    developer-speak, it uses the InkDivider object to "pre-process" the ink
    before recognition. OneNote is very disappointing in my opinion. I think
    that because of the fact that MS didn't want to market it as a Tablet PC
    app, they really missed out on alot of ways to improve the tablet
    experience. The reality is, One Note isn't really that useful for anything
    other than tablets. I hope that more aspects of Journal are incorporated
    into One Note 2.

    J. Tennyson Einstein
    Einstein Technologies

    Add ink capabilities to Microsoft Outlook using Einstein Technologies'
    Tablet Enhancements for Outlook. Only $19.99 at www.einsteinware.com.

    On my new ViewSonic V1100 (German) I am surprised to see that text
    recognition is much better in Journal (and of course TIP) than it is in
    OneNote. I always thought recognition is the same in all enabed apps.
    How can this be?
    BTW, it seems, OneNote recognizes word breaks much worse than journal, so
    this might be the reason.

    Regards,
    Steffen

    J. Tennyson Einstein, Dec 1, 2003