    I'm in a quiet environment. In fact quieter than previous usage. I'm not
    adding 's' to the end of what I'm saying. I does not sound like I's in
    any universe. WTF is going on? Anyone have any ideas?

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Jan 1, 2014

  2. Jamie Kahn Genet

    George Kerby Guest

    Lisp?

    George Kerby, Jan 1, 2014

  3. That problem doesn't happen on my iPhone or iPad

    Michelle Steiner, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Pascal maybe.

    Michelle Steiner, Jan 1, 2014
  5. Jamie Kahn Genet

    J Burns Guest

    Siri doesn't support New Zealand English. It does support Australian
    English. (Please pardon my superfluous use of the word "does.") Berlitz
    offers English courses in Sydney. Would that be inconvenient?

    J Burns, Jan 1, 2014
  6. Jamie Kahn Genet

    JF Mezei Guest

    The main differences between Kiwi and Aussi english are pronounciations
    of vowels.

    Brad went to Bed will sound like Bread went to Bid.

    and of course, 3 + 3 = sex in new zealand.

    For me the toughest was the difference between 15 and 50, 13 and 30.
    Often hard to distinguish when spoken by a rural Kiwi.

    So Siri shouldn't be adding "s" to things.

    JF Mezei, Jan 1, 2014
  7. Not for over a decade now :-D

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Jan 2, 2014
  8. That kinda stuff I can understand. But adding an 's' to the end of every
    phrase? I don't sound like a kiwi much, BTW. More American-Candaian I'm
    told.

    Anyway, it's got better since I got really frustrated and started almost
    shouting at Siri LOL. I still get the odd
    inexpicable-indication-of-broken-software 's' at the end of my queries
    (I mean really - how does I or E for example get an s sound to anyone or
    machine's 'ears'???), but less so now I'm speaking way louder than
    anyone ought to have to. Even MacTalk didn't add an 's' at the end of
    everything... Siri is really very broken for me.

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Jan 2, 2014
  9. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Your Name Guest

    I doubt it's the software being buggy ... or at least no buggier than
    the hoplessness it always is.

    More likely it's the way you're speaking or a problem with the
    microphone in your iPod Touch.

    Your Name, Jan 2, 2014
  10. AppleScript?

    Michelle Steiner, Jan 2, 2014
  11. A little when called for, which is maybe once a year to automate
    something that needs doing or changing, and it's easier to use
    AppleScript than pre-existing tools. But my Pascal-fu probably remains
    higher than my AppleScript-fu has got.

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Jan 2, 2014
  12. Even I can't make an i (as in "Where am I?" pronounced 'eye') (for
    example) sound like it's got an s at the end *shrug* Almost shouting
    helps a bit, but I'll never use Siri in public again... :-D

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Jan 2, 2014
  13. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Your Name Guest

    I meant something like an unintentional lisp at the end of your
    sentences that the microphone is picking up. You could try asking the
    same question before and after drinking some water or eating some dry
    crackers to see if a drier / wetter mouth helps, for example.

    It could be dirt in the microphone that rattle around while you speak
    and scratchily settles down and is picked up by Siri as a "word" after
    you have finished speaking. Speaking louder perhaps means the dirt
    doesn't stop rattling around until after Siri has decided you've
    stopped speaking.

    Your Name, Jan 2, 2014
  14. Ok - tried that and I sound fine. I even had Siri add an entire 'thats'
    to a phrase yeaterday. Crazy :-D

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Jan 3, 2014
  15. Jamie Kahn Genet

    George Kerby Guest

    Next time you get a chance ask her, "What is July 27th, 2014?".

    George Kerby, Jan 3, 2014
  16. Well I didn't use Siri much early on - I had bigger issues if you
    recall. But I did try it out for fun, and it worked in the usual hit and
    miss way, but without adding sounds and even words that are not actually
    present. What kinda of a voice in Siri's head lisps everything? ;-) I
    promise it aint mine LOL.

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Jan 4, 2014