Why is the better of 2 Asus B450 motherboards cheaper in price?

Discussion in 'Motherboard Purchase Recommendations' started by pintree3, Apr 2, 2020.

  1. pintree3

    pintree3

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2020
    Wanting to buy and reading here and there about motherboards I came upon these 2:
    Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming vs Asus TUF B450M-Plus Gaming
    I don't know if I can post links here but on a few websites, for example, versus, these 2 motherboards have similar specs, and an equal overall score, but one is preferred showing this:.
    Why is Asus TUF B450M-Plus Gaming better than Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming?
    • 800MHz higher overclocked RAM speed?
      4400MHz vs 3600MHz
    • Supports ECC memory?
    • Has USB Type-C?
    • 1 more DVI outputs?
      1 vs 0
    • 61mm narrower
      244mm vs 305mm
    But this "better" board is actually about $40 cheaper. How can this be so? If they were from 2 different manufacturers I'd understand but they are not. Can anyone help me please. I was going to buy the more expensive one but then I saw this (based on what a vendor suggested) so now I am confused--totally.

    pintree3, Apr 2, 2020