    commands. Has anyone experienced this as well? How do I increase its
    refresh speed?

    Thanks in advance.

    solaris9000, Feb 22, 2006

  2. This is a general problem on all SPARC based Suns. The reason is that
    the console support code of the framebuffers is implemented in Forth.

    This is generally not a big problem, because most people use ttya as
    console. This has the advantage that you can do almost all admin work
    over the network.

    For a T2000 this is really the way to go. For a workstation one
    generally tries to fire up X11 as soon as possible, when one has to do
    anything on the console. But one could attach a PC to ttya on a
    workstation, too.

    Cheers,
    Tom

    Thomas Maier-Komor, Feb 22, 2006